New Year's Eve

It's now 10pm, everyone is having fun, and start to get drunk. I'm dancing with Leila and Jill, it is fire, some people are dancing, others are singing, others are doing alcohol games, and everything is going smoothly. I keep an eye on Mapi, who has been designated by Jill as the barmaid for tonight, she has to make sure everyone's glasses aren't empty at all time. This is actually keeping Mapi from getting to know people too much, which I am glad for.

"Let's play a game." Patri shouts.

"Oh... no." I sigh and sit between Jill and Leila.

"What game are we playing?" Mariona, who came with Frida and Ingrid, wonders.

"Never have I ever?" Patri suggests and everyone agrees.

"I'll go first." Jill starts. "Since I want everyone to drink, I'll start easy. Never have I ever scored an own goal while being pro." Almost everyone drinks.

"You play soft, but it's working." Patri smirks. "Worldie, your turn."

"Never have I ever slept with someone in this room." I smirk and see some people drink.

"That's the Barcelona way, Worldie." Patri comments proudly. "Leila, what you've got?"

"Never have I ever had a wet dream about someone in the room." Leila looks at Mapi weirdly.

"Bitch." Mapi drinks and looks down.

"Who?" Shanice wonders.

"Leila, and she knows it." Mapi glares at her.

"Damn, I love this game already." Patri seems like a little child at Christmas.

            We go for more and more rounds, but every time Mapi got in tricky positions. No matter if it's Leila, Patri, Lieke, or Mariona, they all seem to play against her.

"Ok, enough of that, Mapi, come with me." I say and stand up.

            We go to one of the balconies and sit on the couch. She leans forward putting her head in her hands, soon enough I hear a soft sob escaping her lips.

"Hey, mate." I side hug her. "It's alright, I'm right here."

"Why is this so fucking hard for them to leave me alone, huh?" She cries harder. "I know I did nothing good before, but I'm trying to change, to convince myself I can be a better person, and all they do is reminding me how bad I am."

"I don't think they understand..." I sigh. "For them, it's just a game, it's not real, it does not count. So, they don't see what this means for you."

"Can you be honest with me?" She looks at me with tears still rolling down her cheeks. "Will Alexia ever consider me as good enough for Alba?"

"Have you ever been in love before?" I ask before answering and she nods disapprovingly. "Then, I think she will. If you love Alba, I know for a fact that you will change. For her and for yourself. I don't doubt Ale will get that too, she will see another side of you, and she'll understand you can be good enough."

"Aren't you scared sometimes? To mess up?" She wonders.

"Every single day." I chuckle sadly. "We can't be perfect, Mapi, we will mess up. We just need to make sure we don't cross the lines."

"Which means?"

"You can get mad, you can get jealous, you can ghost her for some hours if you need space, you cannot agree with her, you can refuse to talk about something important because you think it's too hard to do... these are the things, which are going to mess your relationship up, but still, you can do those, if you have the right communication afterwards. Yet, you can't lie, you can't cheat, you can't flirt with other people, you can't make her believe you love her when you just want to fuck her..."

"I really sound awful like that..." She admits.

"I know, right?" I chuckle and she finally smiles. "These are the reason why Alexia doesn't want you near Alba, if she sees you're not like that this time, it's going to be fine."

"Thank you for that." We stand and she hugs me tightly. "It feels great to have a friend in here."

"We're almost family now, no?" I wiggle my eyebrows, and she laughs.

"Almost." She agrees.

We go back to the party where everyone is dancing and singing once again. I can see Mapi is relieved the game is over. She goes to the kitchen, and I go to Jill.

"Is everything okay?" She wonders worriedly.

"Just fine, I think she wants to change." I sip on my drink.

"Good news." Jill smiles. "We're getting close to our other goal tonight."

            She smirks widely and points at the dancefloor. I see Leila and Patri dancing together, and it starts to get heated, at least some people will have some tonight. The time flies and it is now almost midnight. We all gather in my living room and watch the TV announcing it is 5 minutes left before the New Year. I still have no news from Alexia so I decide to take my phone and to write something cute to her, even if she has a time difference, I know she will be happy with that.

Happy New Year, baby.

I wish you could be here with me tonight, you're the only one I can think about right now and forever, I hope you have a great time with Alba, try not to forget about me haha. I can't wait to spend many more moments and many more years with you, I'll pray for you to be my only New Year's kiss for the rest of my life.

Be safe, enjoy the night, come back to me soon.

            As I am happy with that, I put my phone away and dance with the girls. The countdown starts. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4... I feel my body get turned by someone... 3 ... I look at the person holding me... 2 ... this is impossible .... 1 ...

"Happy New Year, my love." Alexia smiles brightly and kisses me.

            I don't hesitate one second and I kiss her back wrapping my arms around her neck.

"See, no need to pray, I'll be your New Year's kiss forever." She whispers against my lips.

"How did you? Why? How?" I try to understand.

"Someone couldn't take it anymore." Alexia looks behind me and I see Mapi and Alba kissing each other lovingly. "I could be okay with that." She smiles.

"I'm so glad you're here with me." I kiss her one more time.

            The end of the night is smooth and fun, even Jill and Ingrid manage to be good again without putting on a fight. This year might be a good one.