Miscommunication

The next morning, I wake up early and get ready to go to the breakfast. Leila is more tired than me, so she decides to skip breakfast. Alexia, Jennifer, Mapi and most of the girls decided to do the same as our schedule is hectic recently. I walk downstairs and I find Patri alone with her coffee cup.

"Morning, partner." She smiles. "Not tired anymore?"

"Not really." I chuckle. "What about you?"

"Got things on my mind." She sadly looks at her hands.

"Want to talk about it while taking a little walk?" I offer and she looks at me.

"It'll be my pleasure." She smiles and we exit the hotel as soon as I have my coffee.

"So, what is it?" I wonder.

"I know you know already." Patri chuckles. "You're one of Leila's closest friends."

"Do you really hesitate between Claudia and Leila?" I get into our subject quickly.

"It was never like that, I swear, Vic." She seems upset. "Leila just tries to find reasons for me to be the bad man."

"What do you mean?"

"Remember when I told her I regretted to have sex with her on the first night?" She asks and I nod. "Ever since she feels like I don't want to be with her."

"But?"

"But I want to be with her!" Patri gets frustrated. "I just need time, Vic, I swear I don't ask for much, I just need time to be ready for her. Just like Mapi with Alba, just like you with Alexia, I don't ask for much, but she doesn't get that."

"What did you tell her?" I try to understand.

"That I wasn't ready to give her what she wants from me right now." She explains. "And she took it as a "I don't want to be with you" thing."

"What is blocking you?"

"I've never been in love before, Vic, how the hell am I supposed to know what I am feeling for her when she wants me to love her already?" Patri tears up a bit.

"There is a lot of miscommunications there." I stop walking and sit on a bench. "Leila wants you to love her, I have to agree it is what she is going to tell you. But what she truly wants is for you to be only interested in her, she wants you to spend time with her, to be close to her, to hold her when she is scared or tired or sad, she needs you to act like you care about her. She just doesn't use the right words."

"And I am actually able to give those things to her..." She acknowledges. "I am a good shoulder to cry on, I give good hugs, I love spending time with her, I think she is funny, and hella pretty." Patri smiles like a kid.

"See, you are ready to try." I smile back.

"So, I just go there and tell her I am ready to be there for her, to care for her and to hug her when she needs me the most? And it's going to solve all my problems?" She chuckles.

"All of them I don't know, but it'll give you time." I point at her.

"Should we go back?"

We happily walk back to the hotel and once we arrive, we see two really panicked girls in the hall.

"I swear to God if you lost my girlfriend, I kill you, Leila." Alexia says.

"She is a human being, I didn't lose her, she just didn't tell you where she was going." Leila rolls her eyes. "Despite Patri has disappeared too, they must be together."

"Nicely thought." I chuckle behind them.

"Oh, damn, Vic, where were you?" Alexia walks to me and hugs me tightly.

"We went for a walk, what's up?" I wonder with a frown.

"I was scared, no one knew where you were." She kisses my forehead protectively.

"Don't worry, I won't disappear so easily." I chuckle and peck her lips.

"What did you even talk about?" Leila rolls her eyes and I look at Patri.

"Oh, it's my turn to speak, right..." She anxiously looks at me and I nod. "I don't know if I am ready to love you, and I know it scares you away. But I am ready to take care of you, I want to spend time with you, I want to hold you, to kiss you, to be your shoulder to cry on, I want to make you happy. I just need a little time to get where you want me to be, but if you give me the chance, I swear I'll try my best to get there."

"And it took you only one walk to make her realize that?" Alexia whispers to me.

"Did I say something wrong?" Patri asks looking at Leila, who is crying now.

"No, you said just the right things." Leila walks to her and kisses her. "I don't ask for more, take your time but take care of me too. It's all I need."

I lead Alexia to the elevator, so we won't disturb our friends.

"Wrong communication, right?" Alexia acknowledges.

"Awful one..." I chuckle. "Talking about communication, did you talk to Jenni recently?"

"Not that much, why?" She frowns.

"I think she could use a friend." I smile to my girlfriend and kiss her cheek.

"I'll go talk to her, when we come back home then." She chuckles. "But first, you have to kiss me."

I laugh and kiss her. Once we arrive at the right floor, I go to my room and Alexia goes to the one she is sharing with Jenni. I quickly pack my stuff and get ready to go back to Barcelona.