61. Valentina / Fredrico

A MONTH LATER
VALENTINA'S POV

It's unbelievable how big Leo has gotten in a month.

So far, there's been nothing from the Rodríguez's or Vincent. On the bright side, we found all of the men that raped Aaya. (Not including Alfonso.) We let her beat the shit out of them. We even tortured them a bit too, then she killed them.

For safety reasons, we all moved.

Rico got a bigger penthouse. Baby Leo has a room here, the twins, Rory, and I even have my own vanity/getting ready room.

Rico and I kind of live together. I say kind of because we never really spoke about it. But Leo and I are here all the time, even when he's not home. We're like a little family.

I haven't really talked to my parents. We basically just brushed past the entire thing. We only say hi and have small talk before I take off again.

When they try to talk about the issue I brush them off. It's not that I don't want to hear them out, it's just i'm still angry.

And I can hold a grudge.

I'm still holding a grudge against a girl I had beef with in high school. I forgot her name, but I can tell you the exact reason why I don't like her.

I don't want to hold a grudge against my parents, but I don't know why I can't have a conversation with them.

Surprisingly, Aaya and I have gotten really close this past month. I've been helping her and she's been helping me with Leo.

During the day Rico goes to work, so I go to our house and she helps me.

Our living situation is kinda weird. We live in a blended family situation. I think both of my moms have become best friends.

I think they used to be close before my mom ran away from her parents. They usually spend the day together.

I let my father take over the mafia and his construction business for now. It gives me a break and I only have to worry about my company.

I got him a new assistant and Ari is now my assistant for Valentina's boutique. It was a perfect switch since my other assistant moved across the country.

Rico wraps his arms around me and kisses my collarbone. "What are you doing up so early?" He whispers.

I point to the opened curtains. "Watching the sun come up."

He hums and kisses my neck. "I'm not going into work until later," he tells me.

I hum in response and lean back into him. "What's wrong?" he asks.

I shake my head and stroke his beard, "Nothing's wrong. I'm just basking in all the peacefulness before Leo wakes up."

He holds me from behind and softly kisses my jaw. Leo shortly wakes up after. Rico quickly gets up and grabs him before he starts to cry.

"Hi my sweet boy," He whispers and kisses his cheek.

I kiss Leo's forehead and he stares back at us.

"You're so handsome," I whisper and stroke his cheek.

Vegas comes trotting through the door. He jumps up on the bed and lays down next to Leo. I scratch behind his ears and kiss his head.

"Your family's flying in in three weeks right?" Rico asks.

I nod, "First time Jamila's seeing Jamie in twenty-four years."

"How do you think it's going to go?"

I shrug and get up from the bed. "My mom's a cryer, so probably a lot of crying."