22. Fredrico

I step out of my car and button my suit jacket

I step out of my car and button my suit jacket. I shut the door and walk inside. Derek meets me inside. The man I put in charge, Liam, comes up to us.

"Show us," I tell him.

He nods, "right this way sir."

He walks along with us while he types on his iPad. "We believe that the Spanish Mafia was involved. The men we killed in retaliation had their branding logo on their shirts."

He opens the door and I sigh as I look at the shit. "Twelve men dead, three injured. They tried to get the shipment, but failed because of their strategy."

"None of our men died, but two of them were injured. It's all of their men. I'm guessing they're angry we don't do business with them anymore."

He turns around, "but we did manage to get one of their men alive. He's a little roughed up, took a bullet to the leg."

"We got him to talk pretty easily. He barely knows anything. They were each offered thirty thousand if they got the shipment and returned back with it. He claims his boss wears a mask so he doesn't know who it is. All he knows is that he's high rank in the mafia and helps them with shipments when needed."

"Fucking bastard," I grumble.

"Thank you Liam. Get this shit cleaned up. I want everything moved to a different location by tonight," I tell him.

He nods, "yes sir. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"No," I answer. He nods and walks away. Derek and I both start to walk out. "I think you know what bastard did this," I say.

Carlos called me pissed off and tried to cuss me out a couple of weeks ago. I hung up the phone and blocked him; I didn't have time for his bullshit.

Derek nods, "Carlos."

"How should we retaliate?"

"Not right now. Let's wait a bit. I have something for them when they least expect it," I tell him and get in my car.

•TIME SKIP•

I open my office door and find my father sitting in my seat. I raise a brow, "what're you doing here?"

"Your mother is driving me crazy about this tv show she's watching. It's driving me insane. She's obsessed with it and thinks that since i'm retired, i'll watch it all day long with her."

I chuckle, "happy wife, happy life," I tell him.

"I've been keeping her happy since we were in our early twenties. I've been sitting watching the same boring show for the past two days, i'm going to go insane," he groans.

He stands up, "your mother misses you. You haven't came to see her in three weeks."

"I know. I've been busy. Carlos tried to raid one of the damn warehouses."