25. Valentina

(A/N: I have no idea how a court room works bc i'm only 15 and have never been in a courtroom so just bare with me y'all!)

I buttoned my suit jacket and pushed my hair back. I had to go to court today with Jamila to finalize the divorce. I put on a red suit and matching red bottom heels. And to piss Alfonso off even more; I put on a bold red lipstick.

I finished getting ready and went downstairs. Liliana, Leo, and Fredrico were coming for moral support.

Fredrico and I haven't went public with our "dating" yet. We're waiting till we go to this huge charity event in New York to do it. The plan is to do it right before, then go on red carpet together.

Jamila was so nervous her hands shook. I grabbed her hands and gently squeezed. I kissed both of the back of her hands then lightly caressed them with my thumbs.

"Don't be nervous. It'll be okay. We have all the evidence we need. Today you'll officially be free of the Rodríguez's and you'll just be sweet Jamila," I tell her and move a stray hair out of her face.

She nods with a smile, then kisses my cheek. She gives my hands a squeeze before letting go.

Liliana rubs her back, "thank goodness. I never liked him anyways. He was always too aggressive and hostile."

"It's been a month and you're already happier. I love that for you," Liliana says and gives her a hug.

I check my watch, "we should get going before we get stuck in traffic," I tell them and grab my purse.

•TIME SKIP•

Her lawyers, Shannon and Eren, and I converse for a few moments before court is in session.

"Did you get the new evidence I sent you?" I ask.

"Yes," Eren answered. "The good news is they will allow it in court. We were afraid it wasn't going to be approved since it was such last minute, but the judge allowed it."

Alfonso tried to delete the footage of him beating the shit out of Jamila in the driveway, but with Blair's help we recovered half of the video and we have proof that he tried to delete the video.

I hear loud footsteps coming towards us. I look over my shoulder and see Aaya rushing down the hallway with her guards trailing behind. "One second," I say to Shannon and Eren.

I meet Aaya in the middle of the hallway. "Hey what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Our mother is getting divorced. I'm here for moral support," She says. I fix her suit jacket and hair as best as I could.

"All of your brothers are here. Are you ready to see them?" I ask.

She nods, "yeah i'm fine. Where's Mama?"