40. Valentina

I wake up to the door opening

I wake up to the door opening. Vegas climbs on the bed and lays beside me. "Hey baby," I mumble and scratch behind his ears.

Last night was too fucking long.

From being bombarded with questions from everyone, to having to carry a passed out Aaya upstairs.

Almost half of their relatives were passed out downstairs by the time I made my way upstairs.

Rory threw up in her father's lap, Aaya accidentally threw up on Vegas and I had to wash him, and Troy threw up in one of their cousin's Angelo's lap, then Angelo turned around and did the exact same thing to him.

Whatever they were drinking was brought over from Italy. I told Aaya and Troy they were cut off from drinking for the time being.

The sun was just starting to rise.

I turn and see Rico entering the room with two mugs. I sit up and he hands me the mug. "I'd thought you might want some coffee after last night."

"Thank you," I tell him.

"Does it have-"

"Two spoonfuls of sugar, oat milk, and vanilla bean sweetener?" He asks. "Yes it does."

"How do you know my coffee order?" I ask.

"It was your coffee order when we went to that cafe in New York," he tells me.

I take a sip and put it on the nightstand. I put the pillows behind me and lean back. Vegas comes in my lap and I grab my coffee.

I pet him while I drink my coffee. "What time did you go to bed last night?" I ask.

"About four," he answered.

"You?" He asks.

"Same," I tell him.

We both had to deal with our drunk siblings. And on top of it I had to wash Vegas.

I only got about three hours of sleep. This bed was too hard for me. "Why are you up so early?" I ask.

"Couldn't sleep. Your hair kept getting on my face and mouth."

I grimace, "Sorry. I usually have it wrapped up, but I was tired so I fell asleep. Your bed is too hard for me," I tell him.

He hums, "Yeah it's not the most comfortable bed."

I finish my coffee and set down the mug. I get up and run my hands through my hair. I had sweated my hair out from dancing last night. My roots were back to curly and my entire head was puffy.

I get out my bag and get out all my hair products to go back to curly. "You really need all of that for your hair?"

I look at him, then continue unpacking my bag. "My hair is long. Of course I need all of this," I tell him.