Chapter 20 - Unlikely Partnership

Start from the beginning

"What the hell in the world do you mean now?"

"Nanon was right. You really are a dumbass! You know Uncle very well. He must have asked his men to keep an eye on Nanon and his family." she raised her eyebrow explaining the obvious.

I shook my head in disbelief. Yes, I know my father. And that is what is worrying me the most.

"Aim, what if before we find a solution, dad does something to Nanon?"

"Drake is keeping an eye on his moves. He will let us know and also, he will try to prevent it as much as possible. Now draft a message for your man." Aim threw the cellphone at me.

I took it and started thinking of what could I say to him that will make him understand what I am trying to say or do but at the same time will not make him react differently than he is expected to be right now.

I thought of the very first time I saw him, walking beside New. The breathtaking smile I encountered for the first time. The second time I saw him at the hotel reception. And the way I ran after him to the chemist. I was such a jerk back then to him. And he was still lovely. And how irritated I was because I wanted to help him and he won't ask me nicely.

That's it. I know what to say to him. I quickly drafted a message and sent it to Drake.

"Shall I call Non once?"

"No way!!!" Aim snatched the phone from me. "You will put him in danger that way."

I nodded. Whole way I kept thinking about how he must be, how his parents would be right now. I am feeling so sorry for everything. And the sad part is I can't be with him. But if me being near him can put him in danger, I would rather stay away and keep him safe. Besides I will have to do something before my father does. On top of all that I don't know what Aim is thinking. But I will wait for us to land before anything.

After we landed a car was already waiting for us on the airport. Aim knew exactly where to go and she even enquired about the room number from someone on the phone, all the the while shushing me when I tried to ask anything.

"By the way, I have asked Tay to not talk to Nanon."

"Why?"

"Again. Have you switched off your brain or something?"

"OK, alright. But he doesn't talk to Tay. He is New's friend."

"Yes so I told Tay to make sure that they both don't say anything to Nanon about the situation. And if required they can straight away ignore him for now."

"Don't you think he will get even more worried by all this?"

"This is for his own safety. I care for him too, Ohm. But we don't want Uncle Manop to make his life hell till we are not ready with a plan."

"Aim, it seems like you have something in mind. Why don't you tell me?"

"Shhhh... Can you shut up for sometime? We will talk once we are at the hotel."

By the time we reached the hotel lobby, I had lost my patience.

"Aim. I am running out of patience here god dammit. Can you tell me what is going on? Why are we here?" I asked frustrated.

"To meet me." I heard the door behind me open and I turned. Niran was standing there with hands folded and smile on his face.

"You?"

"Get in." Aim said and pushed me in the room.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked while entering and then I saw Kim on a chair. Her hands and mouth were tied up. "Kim!"