Chapter 33: The return

Start from the beginning

I left off. The village felt strange, people were celebrating that their loved ones were back and some were mourning their loved ones. As I arrive home I feel a sense of relief. I take off my shoes and undo my hair. I sit on the couch as I stare at the picture of my parents.

"Mom, dad I made it back home. Sadly not everyone came back home. Remember Neji's Uncle the one that used to be super grumpy all the time well he sadly passed away during battle. I feel bad for both Hina and Hanabi-chan. I was injured and also on the verge of dying mom might have told you dad but thankfully Lady Tsunade and Sakura healed me. Many things have changed, you might even see now other of your old friends and classmates who passed away. I hope you all have fun up there and look over the 5 of us. I'm going to shower and go stay with the Hyuga's"

I liked talking to the picture of my parents, it felt as if I was talking to them. I went to my room and got a bag to get some clothes and other things I needed so I could stay there. I take a relaxing shower, then I change into something comfortable. It felt weird being out of my regular Konoha shinobi outfit. I get my bag and leave to go back to the Hyuga Household.

~ Neji ~
While Tenten leaves and Lady Hinata takes care of Hanabi. I sit down drinking tea thinking about what my Uncle said before he passed away. I remember "Once you're back home read the papers I left on my desk" I decide to get up and go to his room. I need to check the document.

I open the scroll, it was his will

"To dearest my family, once you are reading this I will not be alive anymore. I will be peacefully resting. I know this will be a hard time for everyone in the clan especially my two daughters. I am writing this to let you know my wishes if I pass away during the war. To Hinata, my 1st child I apologize by the way I treated you especially when you were younger. I realized my mistake. You made me realize how strong you have become and the way I was doing things wrong. I hope you, Hanabi and Neji have a happy life. Make sure my grandchildren remember me as a great shinobi, I am glad before I died I changed the clan. For many years we were wrong about separating the family. Even if many have the seal on their forehead, it does not define them anymore. The next generation of the Hyuga will never know the pain and experience of having that forehead seal. Hanabi, I am truly sorry I broke our promise about coming back. I wish I could have seen you grow up into a young lady, your chunin exams, becoming a jonin and so much more. I hope you stay strong and know that I will always be there. Make sure to train hard, you will be the head of the clan in a few years. You will need to get experience, get strong be the best kunoichi of your generation. I will always be proud of you 3. Neji, you will be now the head of the Hyuga clan until Hanabi is ready to be the heiress of the clan. I trust you with leading the Hyuga clan on to the right path. I have talked to the elders of the Hyuga clan before I took this decision and everyone believes that you are the best option for this and I don't want to force this on Hinata. I believe in you Neji, you will do a good job and you will know what to do. There is a box with money I have left from many of the missions I did during my active duty so you all do not have to worry. I leave the Hyuga clan to you 3, especially Neji now you are the Head of this Clan. I know my brother would be proud of this. Everyone believes in you, Neji. Hinata and Hanabi take care of each other, protect each other and support each other"
     -Hiashi Hyuga

I am head of the clan? What?

I walk out to the living room while holding the scroll as I am about to sit down I hear Tenten walk in

"Why do you look like that?" She asked

"I'm head of the Hyuga Clan" I said with a face expression full of shock