☙ t h i r t e e n

Start from the beginning

The first time Liam had mentioned what the douche bag calls the girls he sleeps with, I chocked on my breath. It was just - just... I don't even know now, to be quite honest. It was both humorous and disturbing at the same time. Which, of course, made me make a face while I cringed at the name.

"I'd rather this be the first and last time I walk in on a scene like that." I said as I attempted to wipe as much of the window as I could reach. I was tall, yes. But these windows literally reach the ceiling and I'm going to need a ladder if I were to clean the top part.

"It's worse with the princess, really." Liam says. "That girl has no shame - she literally walks around naked on a few occasions. Her body is stunning but if it's that cheap and easy - it's definitely not worth it."

I tried not to mentally picture the princess strutting around naked - but oh too late. Thanks so much, brain, for that disturbing image.

I swallowed back the bile that rose up my throat - not wanting to accidentally puke on the windows that I had just cleaned.

"What is it with this family and their insatiable hunger for sex?" I wondered outloud.

Liam hums in reply, probably sickened about discussing the sex lives of two people he must hate just as much as I do.

"So you dropped the prince's food?" He asks after a while of silence.

I didn't mind the silence that much, and seeing as my punishment for attempting to punch the prince was to clean the entire ballroom myself, I had to get used to it.

Liam was just kind enough to offer to mop the floor for me. He had actually offered to do more, but I knew if I got caught cheating my punishment it would just double, so I gave him a slightly smaller task before he has to leave.

"Yup. The tray fell from my hands when I covered my eyes." I respond before going to the next window, momentarily ignoring the higher parts.

"Good." Liam hisses. "Let him feel hunger for once in his life."

I laughed humorlessly at his words. "One meal couldn't possibly induce the same hunger I've felt all throughout my entire life." I say as I dragged the cloth through the glass, cleaning off the non-existent dust.

Before either one of us could speak again, though, footsteps echoed from the hallway, and from the sound of it - it was headed into the ballroom.

I quickly grabbed Liam's shirtsleeve, his eyes widening at my actions. "What the -" I didn't let him finish as I stuff him behind one of the thick curtains.

"I'm sorry! Be quiet, please?" I whispered before kneeling down and grabbing the rag I dropped and started to pretend I was actually focused on cleaning the window.

The footsteps got louder, only to stop once I knew the person was inside the ballroom with me. The said person clears their throat before speaking up.

"You missed a spot." The deep voice drawled, and my blood started to boil.

"That's because I'm not done cleaning yet, you ass." I say before turning around and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Interesting choice of words." He smirks at me before taking a sip of the red liquid in the glass he held.

I rolled my eyes at his behavior, trying not to dream of myself pulling out those green eyes of his or shaving off his brown locks.

As I wiped away at the window, I hear him speak again. "I see you've done a bit of mopping." He says.

"Why, the floor's not sparkly enough for you?" I spit out.

My eyes suddenly widen as I hear liquid come in contact with marble and I suddenly whip around.