Chapter 8

Greetings! New character alert! How is going between you two? Like him? no? Tell me everything! :D (psst psst, do vote for this chapter, thanksss for reading!)                                           Yours very excited,

Deets.

Chapter 8

The lunch passed in complete silence, everyone was pissed off, so they decided it would be safe to not open their mouths.

After lunch, Agni along with Chag, Mythri and Indriya went to the building opposite the suites, it was a library. Indriya's body ached with utter exhaustion, it was still healing and she walked slowly.

On the entrance of the building, in wooden block letters was written 'Grandhalayam' (library).

The building was very similar to the one she was staying in but the pillars were made of white marble, the tiles paved were black and white like a marvellous chess board and the enormous room held thirty stairs (approximately, it could be more than that) of books for walls. The library seemed to be a tall tower because she could see the shelves disappearing into the dark ceiling somewhere above. Dim lamps lit the place were attached to the walls (shelves).

There were books and books and books. Indriya gasped at the sight, books of all genres that held information and immense knowledge. Two eyes weren't enough to behold the glory of the monument.

There were not many people in the library except for a geeky, gawky, slender woman, not more than twenty-five, sitting at the rosewood desk, a book in hand with her upturned nose buried in it.

She was wearing a uniform blue-green saree and her groomed eyebrows were slightly knitted together.

Chag and Agni exchanged looks.

"I talked to her last time. It's your turn this time." Chag asserted, suddenly.

"What? No! I am not going to ask her, the last time I asked, my ear was bleeding and worse, she's reading now, if I go and ask she will probably sew my lips together. " Agni said, lowering his eyebrows.

"Dude, you are the warrior and a prince, don't you think you have authority? I mean you own this place, right?" Chag asked slightly, pushing his friend towards the harmless-looking woman.

"Chag, you're a royal advisor, Prince and strategist besides you're the book man between the two of us, so why don't you ask her for permission?" He whispered back to his friend.

"Bookman? Is the language on your planet so disrupted? No wonder the people are as well." Indriya mocked.

"Look, if you both are princelings, don't you have the upper hand?" Indriya chided, exasperated at the five year old toddlers they were acting out to be.

After whispering and arguing for five minutes, literally five whole minutes, they decided both of them would go together.

The woman didn't look up toward them from her book, her eyes had dark circles under them, that suggested that she read through the night sometimes, but even so her dark eyes gleamed with an unusual charm.

"Bilvani" they called out, their voice a little more than a whisper. Indriya raised her eyebrows at them.

"What, Princeling?" She said, authoritatively with a tone of annoyance, as she slowly lifted her eyes to focus on Chag and Agni. She narrowed her eyes as though she was annoyed. Correction, she was very annoyed.

"Can we....use the conference room?" Agni asked, slowly.

"I see you've gotten a friend, who is she?" She said, narrowing her eyes, curiously at Indriya.