Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Indriya Vardhi Vatsalya sat on the banks of the river Apramēya with her legs dangling in the water. The water was warm and slow against the skin of her calves like it was consoling her.

After all her great grandmother was the one who made a false prediction about the Prince of Bhadra being in love with her. Something inside her broke apart when she saw him wrap his arms around his lover.

Maybe her great grandmother decided to leave her alone because she decided not to conjure herself.

Indriya wept, alone in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere with nowhere to go for comfort.

She was confused, the way he had looked at her in the school, the way they trained together, she thought they had perfect sync. But that was all it was, a thought. What was she thinking?

"Oh hello! Why are you crying, young lady?" The smell of Alcohol hit her nostrils before she heard the voice. A muscular huge figure sat down beside her, Indriya cringed at the smell. She did not respond to his question but she got up and started to walk away. She walked aimlessly, she didn't know where she was going.

But she could feel it, feel four pairs of eyes lingering on her, eyes of a hungry predator. That was what prompted her to be quick on her feet, so she ran as the raindrops hit her face like needles and cold air freezing her joints. But the men followed her, the road ahead turned marshy and muddy but she moved like a deer that was being preyed on but the men were fast, fast for drunkards.

Two of them caught her by her forearms while one of them walked toward her. Her heart hammered in her chest as she struggled against their grip. 'Oh my god!' She prayed silently to all thirty crore gods but she didn't think any of them heard so she pleaded her power to erupt but she found her power recoiling deep into the abyss that was near her heart.

'No! No! No! Please, I need you. Don't leave me.' The man touched her face, his face was concealed under his cloak. His hands ran along her jaw all the way till her collar bones.

Indriya yelled loudly, loud enough to make the night go still with fear.

"Help! Help! Someone please." The men laughed sadistically.

"Princess, no one will save you, and why would you want to be saved? I am not giving you any harm, I only want to give you pleasure." He held out his hand to reach for her half saree pallu but Indriya shouted out his name.

'Princess? Do they know who I am?'

"VARDHI! Will you let your granddaughter fall prey to these wretched creatures? Are you only a god for namesakes? Will you let me rot like this? Would you have murdered me like this?" She yelled on the top of her lungs. 'What if he didn't care? Does he even know?'

The man only laughed maniacally. His eyes gleamed beneath the cloak, gleamed with lust.

"Oh, I am so scared! The sea will kill me!" He mocked them and they laughed.

He reached for her pallu, touched her on her shoulder and gripped her pallu and pulled it off.

Indriya's power opened an eye, it was reaching out. 'I am sorry, but I am not to come out now.'

The man slid his hands down onto her waist and was about to pull her loser, his very touch felt like her skin was burning. Her heart hammered in her chest.

Suddenly a strong, mighty wave of the sea rose from behind her, she heard it before she saw it. It was going to consume the entire city. There standing beneath the curve of it was a man with gleaming blue eyes. His ancient eyes shone with rage but his muscular young body was a contrast to his ancient power.