Chapter 45

Aight, so don't be mad at me, I was just spicing it up, as an author, i have to do dirty jobs like this. Don't assassinate me, you won't know what happens afterward. :)

* malicious Laughss*

Love,

Deetya (the authoress)

Chapter 45

"I cannot use my magic, so what do I do?" Indriya asked while Agni and she searched the cells. Not one man seemed to be completely alive, all of them were hurt, bleeding, unconscious and infected, some were simply on the verge of death, intently waiting for it.

But nowhere could they find her father. A sudden pang of fear hit her, what if he was de...

Her heart stopped for a second at the thought and she nearly gasped before she could dismiss the thought.

All of a sudden they heard a man whimpering.

"Maan and my children, I lost every one of them, I couldn't even save my own daughters from that bastard." He sobbed.

"Hello? Sir, can I help you in any way?" For some reason, she felt it was important to address this man's need besides he probably could have known where her father was.

Suddenly, the whimpering stopped after ten seconds a voice called out from the darkest cell in the corner.

"Who...who are you?" The male voice asked. Indriya walked toward the cell. She could see a pair of eyes shining, looking at her with either fear or hope, she couldn't distinguish the meaning behind the stare.

"I am Indriya Vatsalya. Who are you, sir?" She asked sternly.

"Bansi, A prisoner of time and of course death," He said sadly, collapsing onto the floor with his knees in his arms.

"Bansi?! You are Maan Madhura's husband!" Soma exclaimed.

"Yes, do you know where she is? Is she alright? Did she send you here?" He asked, expectantly. "Are my daughters fine? Did Jagad Tamas find them? Did he... kill her?" He asked.

"No sir, Maan is alright but who are your daughters? Maan doesn't have any children," she asked. "Well, not any children that we know of." She added blandly.

"Mekhala and Lekha. Twin girls. They were so beautiful, they are my children, or rather, were our children." He concluded bursting into a sob.

"What in the name of Nirvana are you talking about?!" Agni spoke up.

"Agni, we have to get him out." Soma declared.

"What if it's a trap?" He pointed out.

"Then we will fall for it. We can at least save a life and we owe it to Mekhala, she saved our butts too many times and died for us." Indriya agreed.

And so Indriya broke the lock with her golden rod that she made despite all their fears of her using her powers, Chag and Agni carried the man out.

"Move, we have to go as fast as we can. Let's go." Agni declared.

So, Soma, Apramēya and Indriya led the group in the front tackling the soldiers who dared to be in their way.

Bansi was a burden to them but she had to do this for Lekha, Indriya would be a fool not to save the last remnants of Mekhala. Indriya was to take him out of this palace safely, after all, her comrade was killing his wife. No, she was making his daughter kill his wife.