Chapter 30

That is how Soma looks, Image courtesy: Pinterest.

Chapter 30

"You people took a lot of time, Chag and Mythri are back from the outskirts of the city," Yamya complained when they returned on their horses with Gamya on Indriya's horse.

"Yeah, well the Prince and Princess were about to bite their heads off while trying to flirt with each other, I know it doesn't make sense but we are talking about Agnindriya here, nothing makes sense," Soma explained.

"What? That is nonsense, and what is Agnindriya?" Indriya asked.

"That is your ship name. How the rest of the group ships you too." Chag clarified, Indriya opened her mouth to protest but Mekhala who was at the start grunted and moved first.

"Thank god, at least one of you is not stupid." Chag shook his head in disapproval referring to Soma and Indriya stuck her tongue out at him.

"Everything is alright but we still have to exit the city through the toll tax roads. Anyone thought of that?" Yamya pointed out.

"Right, I thought of a plan." Chag was saying when Agni opened his but Chag cut him off. "No Agni, we cannot disguise ourselves, we still have to show our Nirvanian subject signs. And Indriya does not have one."

"Right, but can't we just show our royal rings?" Agni asked.

"That would just leave trails of our location to the warrior bands," Soma explained.

"What are warrior bands and subject signs?" Indriya asked.

"Warrior bands are the army's most elite soldiers. The most skilled and well-trained band of soldiers." Yamya explained.

"Soma and I are one of them, but we serve Agni." She continued.

"Subject signs are the marks our powers make when used with full power. These marks get imprinted on a power-sensitive screen and are stored to keep a record of the citizens' powers to ensure the safety of royalty and citizens alike."

"I see, how about this? We can show our royal rings and fake our names and faces." Soma asked.

"Yeah, but faking our faces?" Chag asked. "Who's going to do that? And how?"

"What am I a potato?" Agni asked his friend.

"Oh right. But you're not a potato. You're an empty cranium popinjay. I got to admit Indriya is good at giving nicknames." Chag scoffed. Indriya fought the urge to laugh but smiled innocently.

"Fine, I will change everyone's faces and appearances. We are all old men and women going on a pilgrimage. No one speaks except for me and the Princess." Agni declared and everyone agreed.

"How many of us are there?" Indriya counted. "Nine of us."

"Alright, only speak your name and at least try pretending you're old." Everyone looked so ancient, none of them looked younger than eighty years old. Agni seemed to have made sure that none of their facial features resembled their actual characteristics. Everything was fake, from the

It did not take long for them to reach the toll gates of Soorani, the gates were heavily guarded. The entire group stopped in front of the toll booth and the guards were examining them, assessing them.

"Hiya Lad! Could ya be kind enough to let us pass through quickly? We have to reach Nirjara before dawn." Agni said in a raspy, hoarse voice.

"Would you be kind enough to show us your Nirvanian subject sign?" He mocked him.