chapter 20

The cops didn't get there till 9p.m. and they called them at 8p.m. Emily had to give her story of what happened. Since she had to do this they told the police that they would put a tent up for them and some sleeping bags out so they could wait on Emily.

    The cops said they had to report to the office that they were going to sleep here and get Emily's report. Emily did wake up at 5 like she planned on. She already knew today was going to be chaotic but she didn't expect everything that happened to happen.

    She woke up to hearing two cops at the door. Which confused her hence she didn't know they'd be staying over. Jacob and Mark were already down at the station. Emily had till 8a.m. to check in for the performance and to see if her performance would be accepted.

    Emily went to the door and asked what was going on. The police told her that she needed to give a witness statement. Emily said in her statement, "I was getting ready to braid Hazelnuts', my horse's mane and tail. Jeremy and I ended up messing around with the water and we went to dry off. When we got back out to Hazelnut we saw Mark trying to steal Hazelnut. We got Mark away from Hazelnut and while we called yall, Jacob tried to take her. Ben ended up tackling Jacob. I have no idea why they would take her, I got her from the kill pen, she was a rescue because nobody wanted her."

    The police said, "We understand the difficulties from this and you've made a call about this previously. The thing is it was a different person, if I recall correctly Jeremy. Is that correct ma'am?"

    Emily replied saying, "Yes, but then we dropped the charges because we had found out that it hadn't been him who made these problems. I should really get ready to check in though. If you would excuse me and write down my statement then I will be on with my day, sir."

    The cop tried to stop Emily because he wanted to turn this on Emily. He hadn't known who she was but he didn't like her determination. He doesn't like the way she puts her words, the way she corrects her grammar. It annoys him. He hadn't had an idea why but it just really did.

     Once Emily walked away from the cop she started getting Hazelnut ready and got ready for the check-in. It ended in 30 minutes and Emily still had to get her outfit on. They wanted everyone in their riding clothes or outfit. Emily ran over to Jeremy to ask if he could zip her dress once she got it on and he said yes.

    Emily yelled for Jeremy once her hair was done, along with her makeup and dress. Jeremy walked in and stopped in shock. He had never seen Emily so beautifully dressed up. Jeremy realized he was staring and apologized.

    When he apologized he said, "I'm absolutely sorry. I've just never seen anyone this beautiful. The colors definitely bring out your eyes and our hair is gorgeous."

    Emily laughed and blushed. Her hair wasn't too snazzy, she thought. This is what she had done with her hair:

    Emily turned around so Jeremy could zip her dress

    Emily turned around so Jeremy could zip her dress. She was excited to get Bens' reaction because she already knew he would think she was beautiful and be proud of her.

    Bens' reaction was priceless.....