chapter 16

The question Ben asked made Jeremy freeze. The question that was asked was, "If you didn't want to hurt Emily then why did you cheat and I want the real reason."

    Jeremy answered Ben saying, "I was at a party I messed up...I didn't mean to."

    Ben yelled, "WHAT DID YOU DO, I DON'T CARE IF YOU DIDN'T MEAN TO BUT I WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU DID!!!"

    Jeremy said, "Ok, ok, I was at a party with Emily and she went to the bathroom while I was sitting talking to a couple of my friends and this girl came to me. She wanted in my pants and I let her. I know I messed up but she wouldn't leave me be and I saw Emily and we made eye contact and I...."

    Ben said, "why would you even think about letting that girl in your pants, do you not know how much Emily could do for you she's perfect. I may pick on her but she's the best little sister I could ever ask for."

    Jeremy said, "I know, I know you'll always hate me but I hate myself too."

    Ben said, "I won't forgive you even if Emily does. Anyhow Emily is really happy with Jacob and he's really happy with her. They don't leave each other's side."

    Jeremy said, "Still I think he might be trying to take Hazelnut because you know everyone wants to win someway. Even if it's not the right way."

    Ben replied, "Jeremy...I hope you know he's not even racing. He doesn't know many people. His family is from Damariscotta, Maine and his cousins live in Texas and Colorado."

    Jeremy said, "Dude, did you research his whole family? Anyways, just please watch out for her." Ben shook his head yes and told Jeremy he should get ready for a barrel race.

    Jeremy wasn't expecting to have a race already and rushed down to the racing area. Jeremy saw Emily but he wanted to stay distanced from her. Not because he's scared or mad at her but for respect.

    He figured if she really wanted to talk to him she would walk to him. He kept himself visible for her to see him. Right now the bull riders were on, then the bronco riders, after that the bulldogs were finally getting on.

    Once the first show started, Emily saw Jeremy and decided to walk over to him. She saw he looked stressed and worried. Emily grabbed Jeremy's shoulder and said, "I know there's a lotta good riders but don't worry you'll do good."

    This shocked Jeremy and he said, "Ya I know, but shouldn't you be with your little boy toy?'

Emily rolled her eyes and said, "You can't ever be happy for anyone but yourself. Jealousy always has to get the best of you."

    Jeremy corrected Emily saying, "No, that's not what's going to happen. You're not turning this around on me like you always do. I might not be the best person in the world but you need to stop turning the situation around on me."

    Emily huffed and said, "Fine, why are you nervous you are a great rider. Not the best person, you said it not me. Also these riders may be good but let's show them what 2 small town kids can do!" They both laughed and got ready to go on.