chapter 13

Jeremy pulled the move of taking Emily. This didn't go so well for him because he didn't get far before she woke up. Once Emily realized what was happening she yelled for Jeremy to put her down. This didn't wake Jacob though.  Emily decided to do the smartest thing she could think of which was to punch him.

    This ended up breaking out into a full on fist fight and Emily decided to use the move of swiping Jeremy's ankles. Just as Ben taught her to do. Once Jeremy was on the ground Emily decided to punch Jeremy hard enough to knock him out at this point his face was a bloody mess.

    After Emily knocked him out she ran over to get Jacob up and get Hazelnut saddled up so she could ride home and Jacob could drive. While this was all going on the cops had stopped at the house around 8p.m. They realized Mark was stuck in the net or trap and questioned Ben what happened.

Ben explained it saying, "I first caught him in my barn without permission and he was trying to steal my little sister's racing horse. He left a note ." He says as he hands the officer the note, "He came back another time looking for the horse but we had taken matters into our own hands and we moved them to a different barn so Emily, my little sister could practice for the performance this weekend. The next thing is that he left his phone. I know shame on me for getting it unlocked but he had got a message from Jeremy, my little sister's ex or who Emily is competing with this weekend. We read the message, here." Ben says as he hands the officer the phone.

The officer read the message and said, "there's no making this situation up but we will have to do some investigating and other things. Is your sister home so we can talk to her?"

    Ben replied saying, "No sir, she's at a friend's house. If you would like when she gets home tomorrow I can take her up to the police station on our way out to the fair?" The officer shook his head in agreement.

    The officer also told Ben to let Mark out of the trap. After Mark was let out he was angry and stormed out to his truck. He already knew he was going to either get sued or sent to prison or jail or even both.

    Since Emily and Jacob had left they finally made it back home. Emily and Ben ended up sleeping on the couch together with the movie, "The Last Song." 

    Ben woke up at 6a.m. and saw Emily and Jacob sleeping on the couch. Ben decided to run over to the kitchen and make eggs and sausage plus some biscuits. Once he got those done he decided to wake Emily and Jacob up by slamming a metal pan and a metal spoon together to wake the two up.

    Emily woke up, and woke Jacob up with a tap on the shoulder. Once they all got up they sat down for dinner and discussed the day. Ben told Emily that before they go to the fair they have to stop at the police station, Emily agreed and after they ate they all got dressed. Emily put on an outfit that looked like this:

 Emily put on an outfit that looked like this:

    Emily packed a bag with 2 pairs of Nike pro shorts, tenis shoes, boots, trick riding shoes, 1 pair of leggings, 4 pairs of jeans, 4 shirts, a hoodie, and her vaulting outfit

    Emily packed a bag with 2 pairs of Nike pro shorts, tenis shoes, boots, trick riding shoes, 1 pair of leggings, 4 pairs of jeans, 4 shirts, a hoodie, and her vaulting outfit. After Emily threw her clothes in the truck she ran out to the barn to get Hazelnut and her stuff in the trailer.

    Emily grabbed a regular saddle, a jumping saddle, a vaulting saddle, and her brand new vaulting saddle. She also grabbed some feed and treats, plus her care package for Hazelnut. Emily also grabbed her soaps and things to do Hazelnuts' hair with.

    After everyone packed their belongings they left for the police station and Emily gave her witness statement or testified. Then they left for the fair.