chapter 17

This was Emily's first time performing in front of a huge crowd. The crowd could almost fill up the whole football stadium's bleachers for the super bowl. She was beyond nervous, she was going up against some of the best riders. All it takes is one mistake. She also hasn't seen Jacob all night, even when she went to go hug Ben when he wished her good luck.

    Emily didn't care because she had someone who has been there for her at every performance or race. This person is Jeremy. He may have cheated on her but he understood the feeling of the pressure.

    Jeremy saw Emily doing what she does when she's nervous. She gets shaky and just by looking at her you could see how nervous she was. Jeremy stepped up and did what Jacob should be doing. He grabbed her hand and pulled her in front of himself and hugged her tight from the back.

     Jeremy whispered to her, "Emily...it'll be ok. You'll do amazing, actually better than amazing. You're the best rider I've ever met and your an amazing person so once you get up there show them who's boss!"

    Emily said, "What if I knock a barrel, or what if I-."

    Jeremy interrupted her and said, "Save those what if's, nobody cares about those. Those just work you up and get you scared for no reason."

    Emily turned around and started crying into Jeremy's arms and said, "Thank you, you're the best and definitely know me." While all this happened Jacob was walking back and he dropped his mouth. The first thing he could think of was to use violence.

    Then he thought, what if I accidentally hit Emily, actually I don't care if she does, she's the one cheating. Once he walked up to Jeremy about to punch him he saw Emily in tears.

    The only thing he could blurt out of his mouth was, "What did you do to her?"

    Jeremy turned around and said, "You know I always knew you hated me, but you think I would hurt her? I get it, I let that girl get to me but I still care about her. She needed someone to comfort her. She was stressed, I'm sorry I'm not going to let her cry and stress out. You know I always knew you were self centered and only cared about what you could do but-."

    As Jeremy was about to finish Emily blacked out. She blacked out from all the stress and the boys arguing. Jeremy turned around and yelled at Jacob to get Ben. Jacob ignored him until Jeremy got so fed up he turned around and grabbed Jacob by the collar and said, "If you don't go get Ben I'm going to show you what I've always wanted to do to you."

    As soon as Jeremy said this Jacob ran and got Ben. Once Ben got there he saw Jeremy getting Emily to wake up. Ben saw that Emily was up and pushed Jacob out of the way while Jeremy moved over for him.

    Ben helped Emily up and once she got up and got her balance she tried to speak. The thing she said was, "Jacob I'm sorry but you clearly don't understand me. We're done, know where's my horse. I've got a rodeo to win."

    Jeremy said, "She's over there. Also, are you sure you're good to ride?" Emily shook her head and got on Hazelnut just in time to go out and race. The announcer called Emily up.

    He announced to her, "Let's give it up for the best. The amazing. The multitasking barrel racer. The one who can trick ride, barrel race, steer wrestle, bull ride, ride broncos, and knows how to jockey. She's like a prize. Once you get her you want to keep her. The horse she's on is her best friend. The best horse for her. The horse that can multitask with her. Give it up for Emily and Hazelnut!" Once Emily was announced the crowd went wild and Emily came running in at a high speed. She makes it around the barrels and home within 13.5 seconds.

    As Emily passed other racers they congratulated her and she wished them goodluck. Emily will always be a good sport until she realizes who she is standing in front of.