chapter 5

Emily told Jacob that she'd tell Ben that she was going to the dance and that she would apologize for what she said. Emily kept her word and called Ben when she got cell service back. Ben answered and said "what are you gonna complain about this time?" Emily said "I just wanted to apologize for what I said this morning, I know it was wrong and I shouldn't have said that. I'm truly sorry." Ben said "I accept your apology, but you're right I shouldn't have said what I said either. I do the same thing you do. I just didn't know how to react to you doing it." Emily said "Is it ok if I go to this dance tonight with Jacob, I already have everything for it." Ben said "yes as long as you promise for me to meet him, and I've gotta present for you." Emily said ok and she had Jacob drive her home and had Jacob meet Ben.

Jacob said "Hi, I know I shouldn't have fallen asleep last night, but I did get her home safe." Ben said "it's ok, I'm her older brother, well her only brother. Anyways Emily here is your present." He gave her a small box wrapped with a gorgeous teal/turquoise wrapping paper and a small white bow on it. Ben said "mom wanted me to give you this when you went to your first dance since she couldn't give it to you." Emily smiled and opened the gift, in it was a beautiful bracelet that matched her dress, it kinda looked like this:

" Emily smiled and opened the gift, in it was a beautiful bracelet that matched her dress, it kinda looked like this:

In the box it also had a note from her mom, the note said:

Dear Emily,
Emily broke down into tears after reading this and

I'm so so sorry I couldn't be there for your first dance, but your grandma passed this bracelet down to me. I figured I should pass it down to you since you are my only daughter. I really hope this makes up for not being able to be there to see you. I love you so so so much. You were secretly my favorite, just remember I will always be watching you. Especially tonight as you graciously dance on that floor.
Love,
Mom
hugged Ben, and said "thank you so much you're the best brother I could ask for." Ben didn't know what to say but the only words he could form were "you to, you to." Emily whipped her tears and said "well, I oughta get ready for that dance." Ben said "ya, I'll do some research on why the vet or Mark was trying to steal the horses. Also I've been keeping an eye on the horses and I think I might have you ride cricket. She hasn't been ridden since mom passed away a few years ago." Emily said "ok, just let me know when you want me to ride her. Also let me know what you find on Mark." Ben shook his head and told Emily to hurry and get ready.

Emily came down stairs in her stunning dress and her matching jewelry. A knock came from the door at this very moment Ben said he'd get it and he saw Jacob. He realized him and said "don't treat her how you play football, she's delicate. Also all I have." Jacob shook his head yes, and his jaw dropped once he saw her in her stunning dress. He gave her a stunning wristlet with roses and she gave him a matching bout. It kinda looked like this:

Emily had just left the house and Ben heard a loud bang come from the barn he ran outside with his pocket knife in one hand and the flashlight in the oher

Emily had just left the house and Ben heard a loud bang come from the barn he ran outside with his pocket knife in one hand and the flashlight in the oher. Ben had thought it was a horse who kicked something but he is definitely glad he checked.................