chapter 9

Once Ben got the phone unlocked, after he got up and the place opened, he went to Mark's texts with people. One text that looked interesting was one with Jeremy. Ben knew Jeremy was Emily's ex and knew that he was gonna pull something. The text said "boss I'm gonna get Hazelnut first, she is the best horse to take out before the race." Ben was in shock to Jeremy's response, Jeremy said "you better, if not I'll do it myself, and call the cops. Saying you're the horse thief." Which he wasn't wrong, but he wasn't right.

    Ben hurried and told Emily about what happened and she was in shock, after Ben told her she told Jacob that she was gonna purposely get close to Jeremy to see what he'll say. Jacob was ok with this, because he knew how important Hazelnut was to her. Hazelnut was like her best friend who has always been there for her. No matter what happened she had always had Hazelnut.

    Emily got Hazelnut ready and saw Jeremy she said to him "hey handsome, you wanna go for a trail ride or are you too busy." Jeremy said "don't you have that dumb boyfriend of yours or does he not care?" Emily said "no....he dumped me, this morning I woke up to his text." Jeremy said "see you should have just dated me."  Emily shook her head yes and said "well let's go," they left and went for a ride up towards the lake. While they were doing this she told Jeremy that she is texting Ben that she won't be home for dinner. Instead of texting Ben, she texted Jacob.

    She texted Jacob "Jeremy thinks I'm single and also I'll let you know if I find anything on what he's going to do." After she texted Jacob, she asked Jeremy "So are you going to be in the race next week?" Jeremy answered "ya, it'll be like the old times." Emily questioned him "what do you mean?" Jeremy said in response "The cutest couple? The fastest couple? The best couple racers?" Emily said "I'm not ready to date....plus you've gotta be fast to make the fastest couple." Emily answered her text from Jaco, the text Jacob sent said "babe please promise me you won't try to date Jeremy." Emily's text she sent back to Jacob said "I promise, I love you way too much to even do that."

    Jeremy said "why? We could be the best couple and you're just gonna say that? What did I ever do to y-" Emily interrupted him saying "you literally cheated on me, twice, I have full right to say no. I'm done with this goodbye." Jeremy tried grabbing Emily's arm but she was already on Hazelnut riding away. She went to her favorite spot to help her calm down, it was a gorgeous lake with an amazing waterfall behind it. It almost looked like this:

    Emily had a swimsuit under her outfit and decided to jump into the water, Hazelnut followed her in and they relaxed

    Emily had a swimsuit under her outfit and decided to jump into the water, Hazelnut followed her in and they relaxed. Emily's phone got blown up by Ben, Jacob, and Jeremy. Emily didn't care, she was too busy laying on hazelnut while Hazelnut was laying down. Jacob realized Emily was ignoring him and he decided to ask Ben where her favorite spot was. The only thing Ben could remember about Emily's favorite spot was that there was a waterfall by it. Then Jacob came into realization that the only place that could be was the waterfall Emily is at.

    By the time Jacob found Emily it was already 9 p.m. Since it was so late they ended up sleeping out by the lake. They woke up to a huge surprise....