Ch 40 {The Undead King}

Start from the beginning

"I'M... Sorry! ... PLEASE!" Rin struggled between breaths.

"My king! PLEASE! Killing him would be a waste," he explained, snapping him out of his rage. The zombie king let go of Rin and allowed him to breathe.

"Thank you, my liege," Kurogiri sighed in relief.

Tetsutetsu was relieved. It was a close call, but now he could figure out a way to break free and escape with Rin. However, his feeling of ease was short-lived when the king raised Rin's arm and bit his arm. Blood spewed into the air, followed by cries erupting from Rin and Tetsutetsu.

"NO!!!"

Tetsutetsu couldn't believe it. His close friend and classmate had been bitten by that zombie bastard and he couldn't do a damn thing about it. All his hopes of escaping with his friend were thrown out the window because of that one bite and now all he had left was to avenge him.

"YOU BASTARD!!!" On the spot, rage replaced rationality, and Tetsutetsu broke free of Kendo's grasp before elbowing her in the face and giving her a black eye.

Iida and Aoyama promptly surrounded him, but Tetsutetsu anticipated Aoyama's laser and swerved around it, causing Iida to get hit. He rammed into Aoyama, breaking his ribcage, and met face to face with Fourth Kind.

"Sorry, Fourth Kind..." Tetsutetsu closed his eyes and crushed his skull into the ground.

Kurogiri, Mirko, and the alphas gasped, feeling obligated to deal with the threat, but for whatever reason, the king signaled them to stand down, which Tetsutetsu could care less about

"I'm going to end it! Right here! Right now! All the people you killed! Their deaths were not in vain because I was the one that avenged them! Thanks to my unbreakable spirit!!!"

Tetsutetsu screamed at the top of his lungs and swung with all his might, but the zombie king foresaw this and ducked around it. Tetsutetsu froze with fear. He missed. But not the king.

With the brush of a finger, the zombie king spread a decay-like essence throughout his body. By the time Tetsutetsu realized his mistake, he'd already disintegrated into a million pieces.

Although it took him a few seconds, Rin froze upon seeing Tetsutetsu's remains and filled the lair with his horrific screams, followed by the sound of puking.

"You...! MONSTER!!!" Rin cried before feeling the virus spread through his body.

Meanwhile, he stared at Rin as he began to have convulsions.

"I swear...! One day, someone will come for you! And when they do, I hope they kill you..." He used the final moments of his life to look him dead in the eye.

"Tomura... Shigaraki..."

Those were his last words before exhaling his final breath

Those were his last words before exhaling his final breath. His eyes went empty, and his skin went pale, assuring the surrounding alphas that it was safe to greet their new brother in arms.

Lifting him in the air, four alphas, including Tsuburaba, carried him away with the zombie crowd as a way to welcome their new family member.

A life for a life.

While that was going on, Shigaraki sighed at the pile of remains he had created and clenched his fist. As Kurogiri expected, Shigaraki was disappointed in himself.

Everything happened so fast that he reacted without thinking. If he had remained calm, perhaps he could've figured out a way to unharden him. But no. His old personality got the better of him. Of course, he wasn't the only one with regrets. 

Kendo was on her knees in mourning, which he found strange. For whatever reason, she hated what her king had done but didn't know why. She didn't know Tetsutetsu, so why did she feel sad about his death? 

Those feelings vanished, though, when Midoriya and Tsu appeared with Manga and Shishida's bodies. Manga's body was beyond repair, but the sight of Shishida made Shigaraki's blood boil. Strangely enough, the sight of Tetsutetsu's remains made Deku feel the same way.

"Deku! How could you let All Might escape?! Your teammates slaughtered! This is unacceptable!" Kurogiri quickly got on his case, but Shigaraki screamed at him to let him pass.

Kurogiri complied in defeat and stepped aside.

Approaching the throne, Deku bowed respectfully and begged for Shigaraki's forgiveness for he knew he failed to capture all the humans in Kamino. What's more, two alphas were killed.

Shigaraki stepped forward and stood in front of him intimidatingly. Deku closed his eyes in preparation for the worst but was surprised when he lifted his chin to meet his red eyes.

Deku couldn't believe it. 

One of his first known failures and his king forgave him. He was truly in his debt. However, that sense of security vanished when Shigaraki dusted Manga and Shishida without warning.

All the alphas, including Kendo, Tsu, Aoyama, and Iida came to a standstill and feared what would become of Deku. He remained still, glimpsing at the remains of his fallen comrades and questioned why he would do this. Why kill them and not him?

From Shigaraki's viewpoint, they failed to capture children and died as a consequence, so... It served as a reminder to Deku of what he was truly fighting for.

After making this known, he assertively sat on his throne, compelling his queen to join his side. Mirko whispered something in his ear, and he glared at Kurogiri.

"Of course, my liege... I'll inform the Stalker of the change of plans."

After Kurogiri left, Shigaraki directed the others to prepare. Iida, Aoyama, and Shiozaki were in no shape to hunt but the others were. Until they captured worthy candidates such as Bakugo or Eraserhead they couldn't return home. As for All Might, he planned something special for him.

Deku eventually came to his senses and departed with the others. As much as he hated to admit it, his king was right. He had a promise to keep, and he wasn't going to fail this time around.

Not when her life was on the line.