59. Valentina / Fredrico

Start from the beginning

Leo wakes up halfway into the drive. They all glare at me. "Shut that damn baby up," Vincent grits out.

Leo lets out another cry. "I can't," I tell him and try to soothe Leo as best as I can. "I don't have his bag. It's the only way I can soothe him." I say.

The man abruptly pulled over on the side of the road. He got out the car and went to the trunk. He got the baby bag and literally threw it in the backseat, almost hitting Leo and I.

I open the bag and quickly make him a bottle. "Shut that damn baby up Valentina!" Carlos shouted at me.

I twist on the lid and put the bottle in Leo's mouth. The car goes silent. I let out a small sigh of relief and slowly rock him.

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

I turn around, Alaina stood there with a smile.

I clear my throat, "Hello?" I say with furrowed brows.

We were at Jaime's estate, getting everything ready for tomorrow night for when we get Valentina. We took a small intervention because Jamie had to take care of something important.

She gestures to the cigar in my hand. "Smoking is bad for you."

I nod and take another drag from the cigar, "I know." I tell her. She looks around and steps closer. "Can I ask you something?"

I nod. "Really?" She asks with hope.

"If you keep asking i'm going to change my mind," I tell her. I really didn't want to talk to her. I'm just trying to be polite.

"Sorry," she apologizes. "You kind of scare me. Your family is a legend for being so ruthless. It's actually kind of fascinating that you guys-"

"What's your question Alaina?" I ask.

"Oh! Right," she said sheepishly. "Can you tell me more about my sister? I only know what she lets social media know. What is she like?"

"Beautiful, confident, funny. She loves running, pasta, and chocolate cupcakes. She loves wine, preferably red wine. She also loves her dog Vegas. She has this weird obsession with almond milk. She loves silk bedding. She can't sleep without it. Her hair is her pride and joy. It needs to be perfect or she can't go out. Her favorite artists are Rihanna, Snoh Aalegra, Beyoncé, Cleo Sol, and Erykah Badu. She loves getting dressed and picking out outfits. Also handbags to match the color theme." I list a few things.

"Wow," Alaina says with a smile. "She sounds amazing! You must really love her to remember all of that. My memory is quite terrible. Are you two getting married?"

"Rico," Naveen calls out.

I turn around, "Yes?"

"There's a problem," he says.

I put the cigar out and follow him inside. "What is it?" I ask Blair.

"The days reset," she says.

"What do you mean the days reset?" I grit out.