The Three of Diamonds

Start from the beginning

" Again" he groaned " ghost doesn't exist".

" They do! I saw it"

He rolled his eyes, shut his laptop, placed it on the side table and raise his hand to switch off the light lamp.

" No don't turn it off," I said immediately, he raise his eyebrow.

" I'm going to sleep," he said.

" Then sleep with lights on don't turn off the lights"

" How can I sleep with lights on? The whole room is illuminated like today is Diwali"

" You don't watch movies? Ghost didn't like lights they come in dark that's why I turn all the lights"

" Have you always been like this or are you now?" He asked leaning close, I knitted my eyebrows in confusion.

" How?" I whispered.

" Pagal" he shrugged leaning back.

" You think this is all joke, I saw a real ghost. There is a real ghost in your house and you're thinking about sleep"

" There is nothing like a ghost " he sighs closing his eyes.

" There is".

" Then come and let's see," he said grabbing my wrist getting down from the bed.

" No" I shook my head immediately " don't go! Didn't you see in movies the one who doesn't believe in ghosts, ghost kills them first that's why come and sing bhajans with me " I pull him back making him sit on the bed and close my eyes joining my hands.

" How will you explain to someone why the sound of bhajans are coming from the newlywed's room at night" I open my one eye and look at him.

" Why would I explain? Don't they know there is a thing called privacy" I said and close my eyes again.

Suddenly the sounds of bhajans stopped and I open my eyes to check what was wrong but all I see is dark.

" Bhoot" I screamed and someone clasped my mouth shut and I got more scared digging my nails in hand.

" It's me" I heard Rehan's voice and open my eyes and saw him and immediately hugged him throwing my hands around his neck.

" You saw how lights turn off along with the song she must be here" I mumbled still clinging to him.

" There is no one and I'm telling you last time go and sleep," he said removing my arms from his neck.

He turn off the lights and lay down on the bed. I lay down to pull the quilt up, closing my eyes.

It's ok Swadheenta she won't come, she won't come, she won't come.

The quilt move a little and my eyes flew open from fear.

" Rehan" I whispered.

" Now what?" He asked turning towards me.

" Can you give me your hand?"

" Huh?"

" Please"

He forwards his hand and I grip it.

" Can I sleep holding your hand?"

" Fine," he said and close his eyes facing me. I too close my eyes wishing sleep blessed me too.

-------------------------------------

Morning

" Swadheenta" I feel someone shooking him.

" Swadheenta get up damnit" I open my eyes and saw Rehan with disgust clearly on his face.

" You're drooling on my arm " I look down and find I'm clenching his arm tightly with both hands and indeed I'm drooling on his arm.