Thirty: Pissed

Pissed

Sa huling araw ng klase para sa buong linggo ay sunod-sunod ang mga naging gawain ng miyembro ng elites dahilan para walang umaaligid sa'kin ngayon. Si Ashanty ay mayroon palang gradong bagsak at pagsayaw pa iyon, gano'n din si Cooper. While Elias excels in dancing, ika nila, mahina lang ito pagdating sa basic etiquettes. Habang si Calypso at Logan ay walang problema sa pag-aaral dahil parehas silang magaling sa lahat ng larangan, ang inaasikaso lang nila ngayon ay ang duty nila bilang elites na magbabasa ng mga proposals galing sa mga estudyante para sa mga gawain na gaganapin sa loob ng paaralan. Gusto ko man silang tulungan pero hindi ko rin magagawa sa ngayon dahil may balak akong maghanap ng librong babasahin sa sinasabing 'old library' ni Ashanty.

Ang akala ko nga'y magiging tahimik ang araw ko ngayon dahil wala sa paligid ko sina Ashanty pero agad din akong nagkamali nang sumulpot sa harapan ko sina Damiana kasama ang mga kaibigan niya. Pinasadahan ko ang buong katawan niya't napansin na ang iba niyang sugat na dulot ng monthly evaluation ay hindi pa rin naghihilom.

And just by looking at her, I know that she feels humilliated and mad.

I innocently smiled at her. "Are you now okay?" kunwari'y nag-aalalang tanong ko. Hindi para asarin siya kun'di para magpakitang tao sa mga matang nakatutok sa'min ngayon.

Plastik niya 'kong nginitian pero matalim naman ang mga mata niyang nakatingin sa'kin. "So kind of you to ask me that," mahinhin niyang wika pero batid kong sarkastiko iyon.

Mahina akong tumawa bago siya pasadahan ng mapanuyang tingin. "I'm just wondering... Yun na ba ang kaya mo?" mahina kong tanong sa kaniya.

She narrowed her gaze while looking at me as I saw her clenched her fist. "Huwag kang matuwa dahil lang sa natalo mo 'ko, Eraia. Sadyang hindi ko lang ginalingan noon para hindi ka mapahiya sa madla."

I sweetly smirked at her. "What a nice sister you are," sarkastikong ani ko. "But you can't fool me on that, Damiana. I've been watching you since then and I know that you gave your best during ou fight." Of course, I lied at the part that I've been watching her since then. I'm not the real Eraia who really know her.

Halos umusok ang ilong niya sa pagkainis sa sinabi ko sa kaniya't humakbang papalapit sa'kin para sana sugudin ako pero agad din siyang pinigilan ng kaibigan niya. "Keep your posture, Damiana. All of them were looking at us," pagpapahinahon ng kaibigan niyang nasa kaliwa habang matalim ang tingin sa'kin. Agad namang huminahon si Damiana at pumikit saglit bago huminga ng malalim, when she opened her eyes ay may nakapaskil nanamang maamong ngiti sa labi niya.

I just raised my eyebrows to them. "So... Anong pakay niyo't nasa harapan ko kayo?" nakangiting tanong ko.

"We're here to tell you that Damiana wants a rematch for the upcoming celebration," taas-noo'ng turan ng nasa kanang bahagi ni Damiana.

Upcoming celebration.

I chuckled. "Sure," walang pag-aalangang payag ko sa kanila. I tilted my head at them at handa na sanang lagpasan sila pero agad ding napahinto sa kanilang gilid nang may maalala. "Ah! Before I forgot. Please don't be mad at me if you'll lose the rematch. Have a great day ahead," mapaglarong wika ko pa sa kanila bago tuluyan na silang lagpasan.

Dahan-dahang nawala ang ngiti ko bago magpatuloy sa paglalakad.

Someone's POV

Seeing her confidently walking after a having an oh-so-called talk with her sister, Damiana, I must give her a best at everything award.

Since she woke up from a coma, I never took my eyes of her. I was assigned to protect her since then, but I failed that night.

I first saw her when she was sisteen and I already knew that she's the one I will protect to.

She a carefree one, although she used to ignore everything surrounds her and keep chasing her parents and her love one for love. She have a purest heart in this whole world, her angelic voice really fitted in her angelic face.

She's not great nor good at fighting but she always excels in her academics.

But it suddenly changed when she woke up. Not only she's smart but she suddenly became good at fighting. I don't know if it is a good thing or bad but all I want to do now is to protect her at all cost. I maybe failed one time, but I promise, I will never fail again from protecting her.

I lightly change my seat around the branches of tree when she stopped on her way and looked around, sensing that someone is looking at her. She stopped her eyes exactly on the tree I've been hiding since earlier.

She just looked away and continued walking like nothing happened.

I almost know everything about her but there's still some things that I don't know. I maybe look like stalking her but it is my duty to do that.

Even if she's now strong, brave and have accomplice, I will still stay by her side.

The oracle was the one who assigned me to protect her. At first, I was confused why does she needs protection but later I found out that she's the one who's bound with the book.

I watched her approaching someone. She opened her mouth and based on what I've read the way she opened it, she asked if where's the old library. I was in relief when that someone answered. It means, he's not included in the list that I need to scare to.

Her sister is my number one list and I'm impressed because until now, she was still unmoved by my threat.

But not this time, when I already know her darkest secret... Her anecdote. I will make her life suffer because of what she had done.

Before I jumped of the tree, I made sure that no one will notice me before sneaking toward the girl's dormitory and went to her room. There, I left a small box that I know, will frighten her.

I once again stared at the small box. That will surely shaken her whole existence.

I plastered a small grin in my lips after I jumped off in her window.

I told you before... She's not a good opponent and that's because she have me by her side.

Author's note: Comment your theory about the 'someone's POV'. Who's who? Did that someone already appeared from the previous chapter?