The Potion of truth

After class, the four of you wanted to meet up to study. After all, a part of your final grade was at stake. Even if not everyone in your group liked each other.

You arrived a little late because you had to go to the toilet. You saw Harry, Hermione and Draco sitting on the table. "Ah what we got here" draco said in his normal smug grin. "Sorry I needed a bit longer than I expected. 'Girl problems'. And by the way draco, you're welcome to stop that" you said with a touch of sacasmus. He smirked while saying "I'll think about it." Harry and Hermione just looked at each other with raised eyebrows. When you caught their eyes you cleared your throat. "So..." you began. Hermione smiled gratefully at you in acceptance. "We're here to do a presentation, you know that," she said. You looked at her with an raised eyebrow and smiled awkwardly. Then you nodded. "The topic doesn't really matter as long as it has something to do with a Potion. Does anyone have any ideas?" asked Harry briskly. "How about the 'Veritaserum'? It's very helpful in some situations and quite funny in others." Draco grinned widely at the thought. "What is this veritasiona or whatever you said?" asked Hermione. "By taking the Veritaserum, the person is forced to to tell the truth," you explained. Draco nodded. "Then let's have that," Harry agreed.

You all worked on your presentation for several hours. You were already so tired that your eyes hurt, Harry was yawning and the library was about to close. It was already 9:55 p.m. "So that should be good. See you tomorrow then," Hermione tried to say while yawning too. Harry just nodded and waved his hand. You said goodbye to Hermione with a hug and waved at Harry as well. Then the two of them, with the poster, were on their way to the Gryffindor room. Then you and Draco went back to the Slytherin room. You didn't speak a word to each other. You didn't have had the same interests.

Once there, you went to your room and Draco to his. The Slytherin apartment was a little different than the Gryffindor apartment. The Gryffindors only had a common room and then a side room for the boys with a bathroom and a side room for the girls with a bathroom. With the Slytherins, however, there were separate rooms attached to the common room. The only problem there was that there was only one bathroom for all Slytherins.

-The next morning-

When you woke up to your alarm clock at 6 a.m. , you stretched yourself completely from head to toe and changed your clothes quickly into your school-slytherin-outfit. After that you took your beauty bag and went to the bathroom. It was already taken and two others were waiting in front of it. You just decided to go downstairs to the public bath and brush your teeth there. On the way you met Harry. He greeted you with a wonderful smile and asked you why you were up so early. You could have answered with the same question, but you said "The bathroom is already taken." He laughed. "Fortunately, we hardly ever have that problem." You laughed with him and finally went into the bathroom downstairs. There you brushed your teeth, washed your face, put on some make-up and went to the toilet real quick.

Now you were on your way to breakfast. You were looking forward to the meal, but the thought of sitting with all the Slytherins took away your hunger. You eat anyway. There you were with your cereals porridge, next to Gregory Goyle, Vincent Crabbe, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini and Draco Malfoy.

You watched as Pansy looked over at Draco and constantly started laughing or getting attention. She was a real pick-me girl. How much you wanted to throw your food in her face is indescribable. Gregory and Vincent were just wanna-be friends as you could barely see. You were so fixated on Draco that you caught yourself doing it. How cruel. You felt a stare on you. It came from the front, not from the right where Draco was sitting, but from the left where Blaise was sitting. He looked really good you had to say and accidentally smiled at him. He smiled and looked at his food.

Now you felt Gregory and Vincent's eyes on you too. They saw your little eye contact with the smile at each other. "Take a room right now," Gregory said jokingly and Vincent nodded in agreement. But you were totally uncomfortable. You blushed. At the same time, Draco and Pansy also looked over at you. "Is someone shocked in love?" she asked specifically to make you feel even more uncomfortable. You couldn't help but say, "At least not in Draco, like you." Pansy turned as red as a tomato. "How can you say that?" she asked spitefully and full of shame. Draco swallowed and looked down at his ring. He started playing with it, turning it around. You could see how uncomfortable it was for him, nothing more. You didn't want to say it at all, but it came over you and what did you even have to lose, you thought.

-Last Hour of School for the day, Poisons class-

You stood next to Harry and Hermione and heard Pansy mumbling. You heard her asking Draco why he did this project with you and not with her. "I needed to assess her abilities," draco said, annoyed. "Maybe you had to do that in class yesterday, but not in the project. You can't find out anything about her abilities there, it's just a boring project!" pansy replied eagerly. "Harry challenged me, I would be seen as a coward if I hadn't joined in. I don't let myself be labeled as scared of Potter," he argued with an angry expression on his face. "It's okay, calm down, draco" she said. "Next time we'll do it together like we did back then," she continued with a smile. Draco ignored her. Her smile faded. In line with this, your group was listed to introduce your Potions Project.

Harry started with "The Veritaserum is a potion which counteracts the effect of telling the truth. It's a powerful truth serum." You continued with "The victim's sanity and perception of reality were also factors in during interrogations." Hermione added "Veritaserum is clear, colourless, and odourless and is almost indistinguishable from water," and Draco ended the presentation with the manufacture of the Veritaserum. "Excellent my dears" the professor said.

Then you put the serum on the table and listened to the others at their presentations. Some were even very exciting.

When the lesson was over, you were about to take the serum when suddenly it was gone. "Where was it?" you asked yourself. It couldn't have been Hermione, Harry, Ron, Blaise, Draco or Luna because they were across the room with you, listening to the others.

You were a little panicky, but it must have been taken by the professor. At least you thought so and went to the Quidditch game with Blaise, Ron, Luna and Hermione. Harry and Draco are seekers in the sport game. But in two different teams. Gryffindor and Slytherin, as the Hogwarts houses.

You liked Harry more than Draco, but you cheered for Draco. He was a player in your team and you get certain points for your Hogwarts house, if you win. Halftime. The players go for a drink. "Here's your water," Ron said while holding out a bottle to Harry. Pansy, of course, offered a bottle to Draco as well. What else could one have expected.

The two boys took a big sip of their water and got back on their broomsticks to fly up again. After the game they came down again. The Gryffindors had won.

"How did you think Harry played, draco?" Pansy asked precisely. "He was really good," Draco replied. Then he opened his eyes wide and said, "I didn't mean to say that." Everyone but Pansy was confused. Did he just admit how good Harry was?

You knew right away what was going on. The Potion of truth. Pansy must have stolen it and dumped it in Draco's water. It was perfect for this as it was a clear potion. What would she need that for? To get Draco to confess love to her or what? You laughed out loud at the thought. How could someone like Draco ever feel love for someone. Noticing that you might know about this, Pansy asked her questions quickly.
"Draco, is there someone you like?" "Yes" he said while shaking his head. He blushed. "Why am I saying that?!" he asked very ashamed. Hermione raised her eyebrows, Draco Malfoy, likes someone?? When you were about to tell him it was the serum, Pansy started with another question. "Am I that someone?" she asked self-absorbed. "Never," he said while trying not to grin. But then you could say "She put the truth serum in your water." Everyone looked at her. "I'll go before I pour my heart out to you guys," Draco said, shocked. "We'll have another word as soon as it wears off," he added sourly. She blushed and quickly disappeared into the crowd. "That would mean you have a heart," laughed Harry. Draco chose not to answer no, otherwise a yes would have rattled out. He said "I never said that, Potter" and disappeared.

"Who would have thought Draco Malfoy would like anyone or even be interested," Hermione said with a giggle. "That's relative to me. He said I was good. Malfoy actually said that," Harry replied with an incredible laugh. You had to laugh too. The situation was really weird and Harry's laugh made it even funnier because it wasn't that funny in that way.