The Potions Project

We were all on our way to Potions class. There was a separate room for Potions classes, not our classroom. Professor Filius Flitwick was already waiting for us. As you walked through the door, you joined your classmates and listened intently to your teacher. After all, you didn't know whenever you would need such a potion for. He spoke of a poison potion. The teacher said that you should find a partner and try to make this potion. "But be careful, don't touch it!" he added warningly. Draco looked at you and back down without even moving his head.

Draco's point of view

I looked at her as inconspicuously as possible, but she noticed. I really wanted to make this potion with her. I just wouldn't tell her that. I had to live up to my reputation. I just thought she must be good at it, having experienced her powers first hand this morning. She was good. Actually very good.

She looked at me confused. If only I hadn't looked at her. I'd better get back to working with Pansy Parkinson. I was about to take my eyes off Y/n and walked over to Pansy, when Y/n started to follow me to a table with a cauldron.

"Wait for me, Malfoy," she called after me. I turned to her and she was standing right next to the table, I wanted to work on.

Everyone looked at us. "I don't want to work with any of the other Slytherins. You haven't proved yourself quite that ridiculous yet," she whispered to me. I raised an eyebrow. "You don't seem averse to working with me," she continued, pulling out her potions book. Pansy looked at me already confused and waited for me to come to her. "I need to know what she's capable of," I called to Pansy, hoping that would make an exception and explain my situation. It was half the truth. I needed to be able to assess her abilities as the leader of the Slytherins. However, that wasn't my only reason. I wanted to get to know her better. There was something mysterious about her. Something that made me curious.

She handed me the ingredients for the potion and began leafing through her book. When she finally found the site, she began to read everything carefully. I felt a little useless and went a little closer to her. I also looked into the book and read the page. She then looked at me and ironically asked "You can read?" I had to hold back my grin. At least she had a sense of humour. Not like the others.

Y/n's Point of view

After I ironically asked him, with a shocked expression, if he could read. I saw him holding back his laughter. He looked really cute at that moment. He seemed to have a sense of humor, or at least understood mine.

We started pouring the ingredients. Everything went into a cauldron. We took turns stirring the cauldron because it was getting on the arms. As soon as we finished, I pointed out and our teacher came towards us. We seemed to be one of the first who finished. "Professor Flitwick, we're done with the Poisonous Potion. I don't quite see how we can know if it's working if we're not allowed to touch it," you asked thoughtfully. "Let me see" said the professor. He poured a few drops onto a bright green plant. It shriveled and became completely crippled. Then it disappeared completely, all you could see was black ash. "Bravo" applauded the professor. You smiled proudly at each other for a little moment. Then the others were finished and presented their potion. However, most of them were unsuccessful. Only Harry and Hermione, working in pairs, were any competition for you. Both of them managed it just as well as you two.

"I expect you to have presentations that you should have finished by tomorrow. The whole thing will be done in groups. As a small challenge, two Ravenclaws will work with two Hufflepuffs and two Gryffindors with two Slytherins," announced Professor Flitwick. You noticed Draco and Harry looking at each other and decided to work with them. "Harry, Hermione. How would it be if we worked together?" you asked excitedly. You liked them both very much. Draco looked at you skeptically and said "without me." Harry responded with a "Scared, Malfoy?" "You wish!" Draco said, challenging. "That's settled then," Hermione said with a cheeky grin.