Guilty feelings

"You were talking about me?" you questioned the two. Draco took a long breath and desperately looked up at the sky. Blaise nodded sheepishly. "So you thought me and Ron were dating too?" you asked again. "Yes." Blaise answered you honestly. Draco couldn't look into your eyes. "How did you come up with that?" you asked while calming down. Blaise looked at you and said, "Well.. I knew Ron had feelings for you at prom night and we hadn't really spoken after that. But you and Ron did see each other a lot and today I somehow heard Ron talking to Harry, and telling him about his date with you.." "And then you got so jealous that you took Draco and the others and hung him up here on the tree against his will and did god knows what else. You seemed to be having a good time!" you answered him. He shook his head. You were even more confused, Blaise's head shake had unsettled you even more. Did you say something wrong?

Draco looked at you. Your head Was filled with non answered questions. "He wasn't jealous of you," draco replied in a muffled voice. "But that would be my only reason, which would also explain the distance," you remarked. Draco was about to say something when Blaise spoke into him. "Someone from the Slytherins was jealous of you now that a Gryffindor, from a poor family, is hanging out with you. I can't tell you who, though." You looked very confused. "Any Slytherin? I hate every single one of them," you explained. "Everyone?" asked Draco. You looked at them. "You know, there used to be two that were okay, but they've changed. Well, yeah. Yeah, I hate everyone. There's nothing I can do about being a Slytherin. I'd much rather have been a Gryffindor," you replied, disappointed in your choices. "Isn't there a way we can be 'okay' again?" Blaise asked with puppy eyes. "Then think carefully about how you can regain my trust. I'll give you one last chance if you promise to leave Ron alone," you shared. "A Weasley..." Draco whispered, amazed. "What did you say?" "Oh nothing" "There you have it. You would never risk your reputation to maintain a friendship. Quite possibly the only real friendship you will ever have." "What does that mean?" "Crabbe and Goyle are just wanna-be friends, nothing more." "How dare you," he said louder. "Do you trust them blind? Do they trust you?Have they ever been there for you? Do you tell them about how you feel? [...]" you asked him sternly. He looked down, disappointed. "There you are," you said.
He looked up to you, angry, and said "You don't have any friends yourself, so don't talk too much. The Gryffindors will never be able to understand you. There are reasons why people are put into different houses! And your 'Best friend' is a dumb Mudblood! She is totally into your other 'best friend', Ron Weasley" "God you are just like your father! He always says the same, when he's coming to our school!" you screamed at him, until you realized how much you were hurting him. He glared at you and left. "What a coward," you whispered, because you don't wanted to give yourself the fault. Blaise, who was watching, looked at you, shook his head and said, "You screwed it up, sweetheart. That really hurt him more than anything." He went. Now you slowly went back in, full of thoughts and guilty feelings.

As you walked the hallways, you realized that you had promised Ron you would come to him. "Oh shit" you said out loud and ran to the Gryffindor common room. There you knocked hard on the door and called his name. He opened the door.

"I'm really sorry, I'm so late," you apologized to him. "Don't worry" he accepted your apology. "Would you like me to take your jacket off you?" he asked sweetly. "That would be really nice" you said, taking off your jacket and handing it to him. He hung it on a coat rack and led you to his room. He unlocked the door, held it open, stretched his hand towards the inner room and said "Ladies first". You smiled nervously and walked inside. He followed and you enthusiastically said "what a gentleman". He blushed.

After a few minutes of chatting, you told him, "I need your advice. Your honest advice, Ron." He looked at you in surprise, but answered with a nod. "Let's say I just hurt someone really badly with certain words, but we were in an argument and also didn't really liked each other for days and weeks, was that bad of me? Like really bad - bad? Because I used to really like him and he liked me too. At least he was the only one with me when I was alone and had nobody." "I might think I know who you mean, but I'll just leave it at that. Did you mean to hurt that person on purpose?" he tried to help you. "Of course not. I was just so angry" you explained to him.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you think that hurt him?" asked he. You didn't think twice and said "11?" "11?!" he replied and looked at you with wide eyes. "It was the worst thing I could have said..." you confessed to Ron. Tears welled up in your eyes and you said in a shaky voice, "It wasn't meant like that at all. If you only knew what I said." He hugged you. "Everything will be fine" he whispered to you with hope. "Words may not be taken back, but you can do something about it," he advised. "What then?" you asked while the tears just ran out, falling down of his sweatshirt.

"Ask for forgiveness," he whispered to you. "Why should he forgive me?" you whispered back, automatically. "If it's like you said he likes you. And if you like someone, you forgive them. Would you ever give him a second chance if he screwed up?" he encouraged you to think. "We stopped there not long ago. I wanted to give him a second chance," you explained to Ron. "There you are. That shouldn't be a problem then. You just have to talk deeply about it and maybe you can forgive each other." His words were so wise.

"When should I talk to him?" you asked him. "Now" he replied. "Now?" you asked again. "Go on, I can manage on my own!" he promised you. You disengaged yourself from his arms, got up and walked towards the door. He got up too. Then you turned around and walked towards him. You kissed his cheek and said, "Thanks for those words, Ron." He smiled at you and told you to leave "Try to fix the relationship between you guys, go!" You ran off to the Slytherins section.