27 | 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡

Start from the beginning

"then, why don't akugothawa-san just break another hole in the wall?" karma suggested, feigning an innocent smile making you stifle your laughter by pinching your thigh. it was hard, especially with the way akutagawa is visibly seething.

"if you so much as open your mouth again, i will rip you into-"

"oh yeaahh! akkun- i mean!" you cleared your throat, "akutagawa-san, can you make an opening on the wall?"

atsushi who had remained a pale stone statue on the side finally came back to his senses and nodded at the idea. "that's right. we'll take care of fitzgerald while you guys get the control device back."

akutagawa begrudgingly complied, shaping his ability into a round blade to cut a large hole on the metal wall.

"wow. good thing you're part-tin can opener." that sentence was all it took for atsushi to hold back an out of control akutagawa from turning the redhead into a smashed tomato.

you and karma used the built-in grappling hooks from your uniforms to zip down to the bottom deck since the stairs were no where in sight. you sneaked a glance at karma who's grin never left his face.

"did provoking a literal high-ranking mafioso satiate your sadistic needs?" you chuckled. "he really could've killed you, you know."

"i know. but i've got my own little mafioso protecting me~."

"hey hey, that's ex-mafioso to you!" you retorted, trying to look unamused despite your cheeks warming and lips curling into a smile at his laugh.

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

3rd person pov
"kyouka-chan, everyone has strengths and weaknesses - with you clearly having a talent for killing, and you think it means you can't be a part of the agency..."

'yes... that's why... enough, i no longer-'

"how utterly absurd." the brunet interjected, kyouka's eyes widening a fraction in surprise.

"i can prove it to you in one second how bland that belief is. kyouka-chan, how many people have you killed with those hands?"

"...thirty-five."

"so what's a mere 35 people?" he dismissed, as if it were a small thing. "see, kyouka-chan, you don't know everything about the detective agency, nor yourself. that's where one's "potential" comes in. even atsushi-kun, who gave you another chance, was a registered threat himself."

he continued, "y/n too. her records aren't really clean either; you'd be shocked to hear how much of a menace she was before. but look at them now, putting their lives on the line for the safety of this city."

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

"there it is!" y/n exclaimed as she picked up the control device that lay on the ground. "finally! all that searching in the dark really made me tired. this useless flashlight didn't even help!" she complained.

"of course it doesn't. this is just another one of korosensei's weird merch." karma scoffed from amusement, shining the flashlight on the wall only for korosensei's iconic face to light up. they both sweatdropped.