21 | 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙚𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙥𝙨𝙚

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

y/n pov
you were confused. why was he acting like he didn't just find out about your connections with the port mafia?

you reached for the back of your head and took the strawberry milk carton in his hand.

"ah, thanks!" you gave him a closed-eye smile.

"now tell me what's bothering you." he asked, well - more like demanded. he leaned on the wall on his back with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"just that i have a mission tonight. man, and i wanted to hang out with you guys!~" you whined, punching a hole in your drink using the straw. you'd rather not inconvenience him with such a minor problem.

he glanced at you from the side before resting his head on the wall, closing his eyes. "if it's about you having relations with the mafia, it's really not that big of a deal." he smirked.

you momentarily stopped sipping, looking at him to see him staring at you with a triumph grin. 'crap he saw through me.'

you observed him; he seems comfortable around you, and not showing signs of fear. you sighed in relief. "thank god, well atleast you're not scared of me." you smiled.

he raised a brow as if you had just said something ridiculous. "why would i be scared of you?"

"the same reason why everybody else is. you guys found out that i'm a former mafioso, and that alone could already tell what i used to do in the past..."

"i don't care about that." he shrugged. "i think you're forgetting that i'm a delinquent. i've sent people to hospitals." he grinned proudly.

"i've sent people to their graves." you deadpanned.

"...touché."

running his fingers through his fiery red hair, he said "look, what i'm trying to say is, i'm not scared of you. and there's no reason to be. i actually think it's cool you're an ex-mafioso."

"really?" surprised, your eyes slightly widened as you gazed at him.

"yep! your mafia torture methods would be really useful when beating up thugs, that would teach them not to mess with us~." he smiled sadistically. "that scared look in their faces would be such a sight to see~."

'of course.' you comically smiled blankly as you imagined karma as some evil but handsome knight, towering over a bunch of bullies who are cuffed inside the torture room. 'yeah no.'