Underwater

HEEEELLO! BET YOU DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE ME SO SOON AFTER MY LAST UPDATE! IDK WHY I'M IN ALL CAPS BTW. I KINDA JUST AM. MAYBE OFF THE HIGH OF FINISHING ANOTHER CHAPTER SO SOON AFTER THE LAST ONE. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENTTTTTT ANYWAYS BYE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS PROBABLY BUT HOPEFULLY NOT EXCEPT FOR THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM THAT'S THE LAST YOU'LL HEAR OF ME TODAY PROBABLY MAYBE IDK ANYMORE THESE AUTHORS NOTES ARE LITERALLY MAKING LESS AND LESS SENSE EACH TIME ITS LIKE I'M LOSING BRAIN CELLS (WHICH IS WEIRD SINCE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY TO BEGIN WITH) ANYWAYS BYEEEE

     Anemone's POV:

     NO! I thought, pushing back. I wanted to roar or scream or claw this dragon's eyeballs out - yes, that seemed like a very good, perfectly satisfying and not-at-all evil plan - when the dragon was evil, killing them TOTALLY DID NOT COUNT AS EVIL. AT ALL.

     This was the first dragon I actually wanted to kill, too! But of course, the world wouldn't let me. Of course, innocent dragons were going to die because of me, and the one SMUG FACED MEANY who actually deserved it would SURVIVE. UGH!

     Of course, I didn't even have time to think these thoughts, just hold onto the feeling of fury. The one that kept me as involved as I could be. The one that kept me looking through my eyes and hearing through my ears, even though I didn't have to. Even though Blister could do that for me.

     I wanted to growl just thinking about it, but of course I couldn't. My talons were moving smoothly across the sand, not on my command whatsoever. My head was held way higher than I usually held it. I walked with light talon-steps, almost as if I was a dragon who felt trapped for the longest time and was finally free to breathe fresh air.

     The funny thing was, even with her in my body, I did feel like that. And not because she wanted me to. Because I had been stuck in my own darn animus prison for the last few moons, barely getting to see the sun, not even getting to see the ocean past my bedroom-cell. And now, I could finally stretch my wings - well, no I couldn't, since Blister was inside of me - but still. It was a good feeling.

     Shame it also came with anger and betrayal and desperation and frustration. But most of all anger.

     Anger at how she had caught me while I was teleported on the island. Anger at how she found a loophole in the enchantment of the animus prison. Pure fury at how she was using me to win her this war. Bitterness at how I was here now.

     Also, my brain decided to mention, did you know that it's the end of the world?

     Yes, I remember that, I snapped at myself, since I couldn't snap at Blister out loud.

     A part of me liked being out in the open. The rest of me hated that it was because Blister said so.

     But that wasn't the worst of it. That wasn't what was happening now.

     I had no time to be furious. Not when she moved me here. Not when she growled a threat using my voice. Not while she stood over my mother.

     "You came here because I told you to. You will do as I ask!"

     It wasn't my talons pointed at her. It wasn't my face contorted into fury. And yet it was, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

     "What do you want me to do?" My mother shivered with actual fright at the sight of me, and shrank back when I moved closer. I felt a twinge of sadness and despair, even though I knew she wasn't scared of the real me. Mothers should never have to back away from their own dragonets.