Storm Watch

Just pretend the image above has a SkyWing instead of Glory and Glory and Deathbringer in the background (Glory on the right, Death on the left, both in top corners)

     Narrator (Third Person) POV:

     The next few days were eventful for both Glory, Deathbringer, and the Dragonets of Destiny.

     Glory was heading straight into the Ice Kingdom. No interruptions. She camouflaged just to make sure that no dragon came to ruin everything.

     Unfortunately, the list of dragons she camouflaged herself from included Deathbringer. He was very eager to try to find his little howling companion.

     Deathbringer flew fast and he flew day and night. Glory didn't have that advantage: she trained to be able to fly far, but RainWings just weren't built that way.

     Soon, Deathbringer caught up to her, though he of course didn't see her.

     The closest he got was that he heard this faintly:

     "Through the night and through the day,

     With me every step of the way,

     You can run and you can hide,

     But somehow you're by my side

     Instead...

     Auuuuuuuuu!"

     The "au" at the end sounded normal at first. It sounded really nice, actually: but he had no idea what it was. But then, a small thrummm was heard, and suddenly it amplified... into the very same howl Deathbringer had been following.

     And though Deathbringer had searched far and wide, it was getting dark and the dragon stopped howling. As you all remember, Glory can camouflage in her sleep, so of course Deathbringer didn't find her. It was night time too, so even if Glory woke up and looked at the sky it would be hard to spot her ex-companion.

     Eventually, Death gave in to sleep. He had been flying without much rest and exerting his body to try to find Glory (though of course he didn't know it was her.) In the morning, he was woken up to the sound of a howl... at least five miles away.

     Meanwhile, the Dragonets of Destiny had set camp in the Rainforest. They had managed to escape their prison in the Kingdom of the Sea, and they were camping in the Rainforest with the friendly RainWings.

     Yes, that much time had passed since the strike. Most days, Glory didn't look forward to anything: she just woke up in the morning and waited for the day to be over. She only looked forward to sleep: but even then, she sometimes had nightmares.

     She couldn't decide which was worse: having nightmares about Deathbringer being dead or waking up to a reality without him in it.

     Time passed, and Glory had reached the Ice Kingdom. The day she reached it was the day the Dragonets of Destiny crawled through the little animus-made NightWing tunnel to the Desert.

     Deathbringer arrived the next day after some rest. He knew he needed to stay here to possibly meet the Dragonets of Destiny (to kill them) and he didn't want to face the inevitable heartbreak when the howl moved on and he had to choose between that and his job.

     Luckily, Glory howled a few times in the tundra, and the howl showed that Glory hadn't moved on. She had stopped in the tundra. Glory howled in the morning, the evening, and the afternoon. Each time, she moved spots to hide, but she went no further into/away from the Ice Kingdom. Deathbringer heard her howls every day and was very glad that she was still there.

     The pair only had limited days until the Dragonets of Destiny would reach the Ice Kingdom. When Deathbringer arrived, the dragonets were about halfway there. It would take a day for them to arrive.

     Glory spent the day trying to be warm, Deathbringer spent the day trying to remember what he forgot, the dragonets spent the day flying.

     You see, Deathbringer was a bit puzzled on one thing. He remembered flying over a lime green dragonet to protect her from the lightning... but lightning was one of his greatest fears. He didn't like scavengers, but lightning... lightning is what killed his mother.

     Injured. Unconscious. Blister. "Make her fully-dead, then." Need to run. Mother....

     Death shook his head. Why had he put himself at risk like that?

     Death remembered the huge scar on his mother's wing, and he looked at his own. Like mother like son, he couldn't help but think spitefully. Luckily there was no Blister while I was knocked out.

     Death continued to ponder, Glory continued to try to stay warm, and the Dragonets of Destiny arrived that very evening....

     Hello! Short yet important chapter, the storm is brewing! Next one might be in Zircon's POV (Zircon the SkyWing. He is the only OC of mine in this story so far, the rest belong to Tui T Sutherland.) I might even do it today since this one was so short.

     Anyways, have a nice day!