Unconscious III (Glory)

Rather different than other Unconscious's, btw. Hope you enjoy, and yes I will edit this later.

     Glory's POV:

     It was a cloudy night two months after my sixth birthday, before the Dragonets of Destiny escaped and the NightWings chose to side with Blister. Deathbringer and I were in the desert under the cover of the dark sky, heading towards Burn's stronghold to assassinate one of her best generals. Deathbringer had already told me the story of ex-General Six-Claws, who moved to the Scorpion Den after an anonymous tip from Death.

     Though Death's story was awe-inspiring, I knew this general was different. In past missions, I had pretended to be a SandWing who lost their tail barb in the war a few times, meeting with different dragons who supported Burn. The general we were after was a lot harder to convince to change her mind than Six-Claws must have been.

     "We have to kill her," I said, without much fear in my voice. I'd done these kind of things before, but I had never assassinated a royal yet. I was used to missions like this.

     "Agreed," Deathbringer said quietly. "We might as well go over what we know on the way to the stronghold, you know." Death and I had been given files on this dragon back at the NightWing kingdom, and we memorized all the information we needed to from it.

     "General Salsola, mean-looking SandWing. About medium height, adult, don't let the flower patterns of black scales on her back fool you. Just like Burn, this dragon is good at fighting but not as good at strategy." I recited.

     "Resides near friends or rather co-soldiers during the day, takes flights at night: always waits for dragons to come with messages before she takes off. Flights last about an hour. She takes off around two hours after sunset." Deathbringer added. The sun had set an hour ago, so we had about an hour to find the place this general took off.

     Death and I had made a plan beforehand, and knew our positions to assassinate this general. We planned to make our move while the general was flying, far away from the stronghold. This was a good plan because I was able to use my RainWing abilities without any witnesses: I could pretend to be a SandWing, and then use my venom to kill the victim far away. With the target dead, there would be no witnesses to my true tribe except Deathbringer, whom I trusted.

     "Alright," I muttered as Burn's stronghold loomed into being out of the darkness. "This is where I leave you. I'll meet up with you at twenty-one hundred?"

     "Yes, good luck Glory," Death said and slipped out of view.

     I concentrated on making my scales a smooth, sandy yellow. I shaped my ruff into horns and spilled random black scales over my back and neck. I coughed a few times and imitated a raspy voice. Finally, I added some fake scars to make it more convincing that I had been in a battle where my tail barb was cut off.

     When I deemed myself ready, I stepped into the stronghold that Burn resided in.

     For about a half hour, I wandered around looking at the shops. I found desert cacti being sold, the kind I learned healed tail barb injuries: I saw flowers and food. Trying to act casual, I kept looking. I carefully made my way to the place I was pretty certain General Salsola would come for news before her flight.

     With a quiet groan, I noticed a messenger was already there. Nervously, the dragon twitched and fidgeted. I waited for a few minutes to see if they would leave: but no such luck.

     With a sigh, I though, No matter. I'll just have to knock them out before my real target. A crafty idea popped into my head, and I kept it there as I advanced towards the spare.