Sabotage (Part Two)

KEY:

Normal = Zircon (SkyWing, Dragonet of Destiny)

Normal underlined = narrator (third person view)

Italic = Ginger (Mysterious SkyWing, on an unknown mission)

Underlined Italic = Glory (Main character of story, RainWing, assassin, must kill Queen Scarlet)

Bold = Author's note/me :) (HUMAN (we think) LIKES WRITING, IS NOT PART OF THIS STORY TWT)

     Burn's coming tomorrow.

     "You've got to be kidding me!" I burst out (very un-Zircon-like... the past few days must have taken a toll.) "So you mean we need to ESCAPE THIS SKY PRISON WITH BOUND WINGS, OBVIOUSLY NOT DIE, EVADE ALL OF THE SKYWINGS AND RESCUE FOUR OTHER DRAGONETS... BY TOMORROW?!?!?!?"

     "Yeah..." Ginger said.

     I heaved a sigh. How were we going to do this?

     I had an advantage and I knew it.

     I knew I couldn't use it whenever I pleased... too dangerous.

     I needed to... use it sparely.

     Dawn came, and

     so far no plan.

     Here's what happened in the following two days:

     Peril dropped by and reminded us that Burn would stay for a few days and we didn't exactly have to escape by tomorrow, but we did need to before Burn left if we wanted to take Sunny, who we figured out was being held prisoner for Burn. (She did add that if we were okay with leaving Sunny behind we had longer, because we wanted to escape WITH Sunny, and Burn was here to take her and not us. Peril said that if we let her get taken, we technically had longer to escape. I refused to listen to her for a few hours after that.)

     A trial occurred when and old SkyWing friend of Peril's, Osprey, died. He was killed by Queen Scarlet. Peril found her mother (the dragon being trialed, who was of course sentenced to death.) She used the Champion's Shield to try to save her mother, and Scarlet let her more or less. She said she would let Peril's mother (who happened to help raise the Dragonets of Destiny) go if she won a fight later today. Scarlet would choose the opponent.

     Burn arrived in the evening. Hope was pretty low, so kind-hearted Clay started trying to get the prisoners to sing the Dragonets song. It worked until Burn roared at everyone to basically shut up. I think she was jealous that nobody wrote songs about HER.

     Later that evening, all of us dragonets were trapped in Peril's room. After the two Queens (well, Burn was actually a princess) discussed whether to kill us or not (which was amusing to me) Scarlet trapped us in Peril's room with rocks on fire. Lovely.

     What happened next was a wild goose chase. We almost escaped, but Peril (who actually freed us to escape) betrayed us because she didn't want Clay to leave. Most of the dragonets were raging, Clay was upset, and I... well, I understood her, but I wasn't going to let this slide. I wasn't mad at her, but she needed to know that what she did was wrong.