Sidetracked

If you find constantly changing POVs confusing, go to the author's note in the middle of the chapter and start reading from there.

     (That's basically just the story below but all the Glory POVs at once and then all the Deathbringer sections all at once.)

     Glory's POV:

     I was flying North to the Kingdom of the Ice. I didn't know why, but I guess I wanted to see it and also see the dragonets again. Since I didn't have... didn't have Deathbringer, I figured I could see Zircon and just talk a bit. Zircon seemed pretty chill.

     And just where do you think you're going?

     Uh oh... the voice was back to pester me. Ever since him cheering me up a bit, I didn't really despise Deeth. But that didn't mean he stopped nagging me.... I wish.

     I'm going to the Ice Kingdom. I have a good feeling about it... no matter how cold it's supposed to be.

     No, you need to check on Kestrel first, remember?

     You said that was just a whim! She's doing fine probably!

     You shouldn't risk that. Go check on her, she might have news of the dragonets too.

     Ugh, fine....

     So I changed direction slightly and flew towards Jade Mountain, still howling.

     Deathbringer's POV:

     The howl changed direction. I know it did. It vibrated from in front of me to suddenly on my right. I paused: that... that was the way to the NightWing island. Island... I had to fly there. It held my past.

     But then I realized the howl was slightly farther/at a different angle than the NightWing island. I hesitated. I needed to see both the NightWings and this dragon. They were both the way I was now going... I would keep going here and eventually make a choice if the dragon changed course again.

     I sighed and flew on, my brain already battling on what to fly to first.

     Glory's POV:

     Jade Mountain was nearing: I saw the coast faintly beyond it. I spotted a cave that was a perfect place for a dragon to go unnoticed and flew towards there. The whole time I was nearing, I sang our song and howled. Now, I realized I must be silent to go in, in case the dragon fled when they heard me.

     I hesitated for a second. I didn't want to stop howling: what if Death still needed it? But then I shook my head. There was no answer to my howl... no Deathbringer on the other side.

     So I stopped my howl and stepped inside Jade Mountain.

     Deathbringer's POV:

     The howl stopped.

     I'm not kidding anyone. After a howl, I waited about five minutes for the next one... but it never came.

     So I waited more. And more. And even more. But after a half hour, still no howl.

     I knew what this meant. I should have been happy, this took a big choice off my shoulders. But my heart was heavy.