Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

I slowly open the bathroom door to find Hobi is right at the entrance. He offers me his arm, and I ask if he can guide me to the living room so I can look out at the yard.  He settles me down on the couch, returning with some pillows directing me to lean back on them and insisting I put my legs up on the couch.

"You're so bossy," I smile, and he flashes a wide grin. "Yes, I am," he winks.

He brings me a bowl of rice and some bland steamed vegetables cut up into tiny pieces and then feeds me little bits at a time. My stomach aches with hunger, and I'm grateful I can finally keep something down.

Hobi orders me to chew thoroughly between tiny bites ensuring I don't go too quickly or eat more than I can handle. While I chew, he fills me in on what I've missed over the last few days.

"Everyone has been checking on you. Namjoon texts every day; he was in a complete panic when you didn't answer his phone calls. Tae and Jimin both tried to drive up, and I had to threaten both of them separately. Also, JK and Jae, as well as Hana and Jin, have been checking in."

I appreciate everyone checking in on me, but I notice someone is missing from the list, and my eyes stare out the slider blankly as I chew.

"And then there is Yoongi; he calls at least three times a day worried and demanding full status reports. You have him whipped, and he's driving me crazy."

I can't hide it, a wide smile spreads across my face. Hobi laughs, his voice delighting me as it echoes across the room. "I knew that would put a smile on your face," he chuckles, feeding me another spoonful reminding me not to go too fast.

"I don't think I can eat anymore." I rub my belly, trying to help it settle down.

"You did great. What else can I get you?"

"I feel like a nuisance asking, but by any chance, are there tea bags?"

"I brought a box with me; I knew you would want some."

"You, Sir, are an angel! At least when you aren't bossing me around," I smile teasing him.

He grins and rubs his hand over my damp hair before making his way to the kitchen. I hear items clank together as Hobi shares more news. "I don't want you to worry Lily, Namjoon and Yoongi made sure the team had the internet scrubbed of the photos Minjun shared."

"What? It's the internet, that seems highly impossible! How could they possibly accomplish such an impossible task?"

"It's easier than you think. Plus, threatening people with legal action and letting people know those pictures hinder a criminal investigation is helpful. Celebrities make pictures disappear all the time. Remember those American celebrities that got married on a plantation, and then they realized how fucked up that was? Go ahead and see if you can find those pictures now. Things disappear sometimes, Lily!" He chuckles. "I don't think you realize the power my company has. We don't flex it publicly often, but if we need something to go away, it will."

"Wow, thank you. You know I still don't understand how Minjun was able to get in the building."

"Oh, I know the answer to that question; they found the badge of one of the women that works on our staff in his pocket when they searched him. He was involved with her and stole it from her apartment."

"So he was seeing someone, but he was pursuing me?"

"Yes, he's definitely mentally not well. We are exploring how to have him evaluated by medical professionals. You won't ever see him again; we will make sure of that."

"Thank you so much; he is frightening."

"There's one more important matter we need to discuss. I want your permission to put out a personal statement about our friendship."