Chapter Eighteen

It's been a long week

It's been a long week. Yoongi hasn't said much of anything to me since our talk on the balcony. That night we spent together was completely innocent, but I'm worried he thinks I had hatched a plan to lure him into my house. I know these guys can't trust anyone, but it pains me that he might think I had ulterior motives when I asked him to stay for dinner when really I genuinely just enjoy his company. Even if I had met Yoongi and he was just a guy with a normal career, I would still be this interested in him.

The entire situation is awful because that night was both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, it was like having an amazing first date with someone where you learn all about who they are and experience the magic of having things in common. The kind of night where it feels like you've found a soulmate, that person that really gets you like no one else ever has. On the other hand, it seems to have ruined our friendship. We had such a wonderful thing going, sharing music and working together. I'm so exasperated I can't think about it, or I might cry again.

I'm sitting at a table in the kitchenette area, just staring outside, my mind turning in circles. I wish I could just rewind and put us back together again. The irony that I am finding myself in the perfect condition to write the world's saddest song about being broken is not lost on me, and it seems like a pretty cruel joke the universe is playing on me.

"How are you, Sweetheart?"

I look up, and Minjun appears, taking a seat across from me.

"Busy, it's been a hectic week." I sigh. "Oh, and thank you for the flowers. They were unexpected and certainly not necessary. You are too kind," I offer, but my voice falls flat.

"Are you OK, Lily? You seem sad?" He questions, putting his hand over mine, and I freeze in place, unsure what to do.

I look up as JK is walking by. He stops abruptly when I shoot him a panicked look, and he immediately comes to join us, pulling a chair close to mine, and Minjun retracts his hand.

"Hey, Jungkook, how are you?" He asks, but I notice JK is not his usual peppy self.

"I'm doing well, and you?" He replies, but the words come out sounding forced.

"I was just asking Lily how she was feeling, and she thanked me for the flowers I sent her."

I am flabbergasted. This feels like someone who thinks he is marking his territory. Territory that is not his to stake claim to, and I crank my head upright in response, my body stiffening.

"Look at the time, Lily! We really need to get back to work," and with that, I feel JK lifting my arm as he begins leading me away.

We walk in silence to my studio and then take a seat on the little couch. "Are you OK?"

"I'm not sure. That was weird. I mean, I've only met him in the break area once before this, and then he sends me flowers. Honestly, I don't even know how he knew my address. Doesn't that seem strange or at least really bold to you?"