42. Make A Dash

I follow in behind Alastair

I follow in behind Alastair. He stops a few times and his eyes turn a crystal blue color before he starts moving again.

Greg and Cole joined us with their forces not to long ago. We have over two hundred men and women warriors with us. Everyone is coming to help find my Luna.

The direction that we are currently following leads us right towards the Water Bridge pack. It will be any minute that we will be on the packs land, but we have not came across one rogue or warrior from them.

"Alastair, we need to stop for a moment." I whisper out to him.

He comes to a quick stop and looks back at me. I wave him over, just as Greg, Cole, and Nathan step up to me.

"Can you tell how much farther she is from here?" I ask Alastair.

"Not far." His answer is short, and eyes still a cystal blue in color.

"Tyler. You, Nathan, and Alastair get Claire. There is plenty of fighting power with the rest of us to break a path through." Greg looks at me.

I give a quick nod to him. "We will follow you in Alastair, because I still cannot pick her scent up."

Alastair nods, and quickly shifting into his form. Looking back at me for the signal to continue on.

"Stick in close groups. They won't be afraid to play dirty." I let my voice carry for everyone to hear.

"Lead us the way my friend." I look at Alastair.

With a quick nod, he takes off right into the heart of Saul's pack. Nathan and I flank him on both sides, running at his pace in our human form still.

I want these morons to see my face before everyone with us wipes them out. Packs like this don't deserve to stand.

Howls ring out around us and it has a eerie feel to it. Good, they know we are here and coming for them all. The air thunders with the sound of paws hitting the soil behind us.

Just as I start to smell the members of Saul's pack and the stench of rogues, Alastair veers off to the right. Nathan and I both follow him because his only focus is Claire, and I want to get to her immediately. So the less we have to mess with fighting the happier I will be. Times like this I am more than happy to leave the fighting to others.

We come to a stop, but I don't see a building around. Alastair moves up and sniffs the ground and lets a low sound out. It draws my attention to a door in the ground.

Nathan moves over to it quickly, pulling it open and Alastair shoots down the stairs.

Right at the bottom there is a few wolves standing guard. Alastair and Nathan take them down before they could even blink.

Finally, catching the scent of roses and chocolate I know Claire is here. Alastair is faster in his form and shoots to the closest door ramming into it. I am right behind him and step in.

For the first time in my life, I am in horror at what I see before me. Trying to keep a blank face, as I stare at my mate hanging from the ceiling of this place.

We all go to move closer to her when a voice rings out telling us to stay back. Taking my eyes off of Claire, I look right behind her. Bill.

Niko is growling and clawing in the back of my mind. Should have got rid of him the moment we found everything out. He growls out, more rabid than he ever has.

I try to order Bill to stand down, but it does not even cause him to flinch. The fucker is not a part of my pack any longer.

Think Tyler, think! I have to do something I can see the syringe in already in her skin and the smell just from that vial alone makes my nose burn.

Alastair is slowly making moves, but Bill notices him. He however, never catches onto Nathan.

Move in, now! I send him a mindlink.

Nathan jumps Bill and lands a right hook and is holding him by the throat with his left hand. He finally has Bill back against the wall and away from Claire.

I run over to Claire, needing to touch her and make sure she is okay.

Alastair jumps in behind us, and starts shredding into Bill, before Nathan gives a quick twist to his head.

I am working on getting her wrist free from the silver chains, not caring that it is causing my skin to burn. Just as I am working on the last chain, I feel Claire's body start to drop. It causes her hand to come the rest of the way free on its own.

I catch her before she can hit her head on the floor. She nestles into my chest and for the first time in days Niko and I are both calm.

I barely catch when she tells me she is tired. I am guessing she has not got much sleep being here.

Nathan comes over behind me. "How is she doing?" He looks at her face.

"She is exhausted." I answer him.

Alastair comes over to Claire in my arms and starts trying to move her hand, but she just lets it fall back down.

"Get her up! She needs to move around. Most of the liquid from the vial is gone." Alastair says in a rush.

I quickly move her and Nathan helps stand her up on her own feet, but we are completely supporting her weight. Claire lets out a whimper, causing my heart to constrict.

"He must have jammed his thumb down on the syringe when I was pulling him off. I should have been more careful!" Nathan starts getting worked up.

"Take a deep breath. If we get worked up now, it will not help her" I look over to Alastair.

"Do you have any clue what that crap is?" I ask him. Looking back on the ground to the white liquid left.

"My guess it is potassium of some kind. If it is her heartrate can drop to low not knowing how much she got." He moves behind Claire.

Alastair grabs under her arms trying to help us with getting her moving, but it is to late as she completely crumples into our hands.

I pick her up and make a dash back up the stairs. I have to get her back home to the doctor. She never waited this, and I couldn't get here in time to stop it. I failed as a mate.

A/N---

Hey Hey Guys!!

How is everyone feeling seeing all of this in Tyler's pov?

We are near the end. Any guesses as to how it will turn out?