1. Bonfire Decisions

A/N-- Thank you for clicking on my story! This is the first book I've wrote. So the first six chapters are very long and don't have much talking within them. Around chapter 15 you will see how my writing changed and chapters are no where near as long. Now, my works are rated Mature, there will be sexual acts, violence, and swearing. If your not comfortable with these acts please don't read further.
Hope you enjoy!

Sitting on the window edge, I look out my window watching the birds fly in the morning sunrise, their chirps fill the morning silence

Sitting on the window edge, I look out my window watching the birds fly in the morning sunrise, their chirps fill the morning silence. I see a squirrel run across the branches making some of the autumn leaves fall to the ground. I cannot help but think about what I may do with my life, there is so much to think about since after tonight high school will finally be over for me. This all seems so surreal, I cannot believe that not only is it the last day of school, but it is also the day I turn 18. I admit it may feel more exciting if I was born with a wolf because honestly, I would be jumping for joy right now, but instead, I am lost in thought on what to do with my life because without a wolf I may not find my mate. Feeling a knot form in the pit of my stomach as the thought of not having a mate continues to stirs in my mind. I bring my hand up to my face to wipe away a few of the stray tears that tried to fall from my eyes, shaking my head slightly because I need to focus on more important things.

Now come on Claire, get yourself back together focus on the pack for now. I have to stop dwelling on what ifs. I am still not sure where I may be able to get a position within, since the pack doesn't let me really train with them due to not being born with a wolf even though both of my parents are werewolves. Maybe they will let me in a hospital part, I would make a good nurse or assistant. Well, I can count out the warrior side of the pack, with no training, plus not to mention my lack of strength, that is out the door. Sighing while I shrug back against the window seal, I cannot help but feel like I still will not have a place within the pack, although my brother is confident that I will have a place. Hearing my door creak open I sit up to see who is walking into my room unannounced and just like that, on cue, Nathan walks into view. Well, that is not creepy at all him just coming in when I was thinking about where I may have a place in the pack.

"How did you know to just walk in like that? I may have been changing out of my pajamas for all you know!" I say to Nathan.

"Oh, well for one, that is gross I don't need to think of you changing Claire. GROSS! Oh sis, why did you put that image in my head! You're my baby sister. Second, figure I'd come make sure you are up and going for the day. Plus, you need to go shopping for some new clothes for the bonfire tonight." Nathan says, as he starts laughing at me.

Scrunching up my eyebrows, trying to pull off the puppy dog eyes the best I could toward Nathan. He knows I hate to shop, never in my life have I been that girly girl. Not even to mention the countless times I have told him I was not interested in going to the bonfire.

"First of all Nathan you're the one with a dirty mind. Plus, knock before you come in and there would not be a reason to be grossed out. This is my room after all." Pausing to sigh at the next part hoping with everything I have, that he will listen to me. "Nathan I am not going shopping because I will not be going to the bonfire tonight." I glare at him saying that last part. Seriously there can only be so many times I can tell him I am not going.