7. The Luna

Layla pulls the car behind the rest that is parked at the pack house

Layla pulls the car behind the rest that is parked at the pack house. She lets a little squeal out as she places the car in park and claps her hands. Looking out in front of the car, I see Nathan and Tyler. Layla jumps out of the car, running into Nathans' arms. I am fighting with the car door, stupid thing just will not open. Did they put a child lock on this thing? Tyler comes up to my door and starts laughing at my struggle. Sending Tyler a glare for laughing at me, he holds his hands up in surrender using one finger to point the side. I look down to where he is pointing, real smooth Claire, been jerking on the handle and the door is locked. Popping the lock up, Tyler quickly opens the door, pulling me up into his arms. "Finally, I got you back in my arms." Tyler says, nuzzling my neck with his nose.

"Um, excuse me don't you dare ruin my masterpiece before the ceremony!" Layla squeals, cutting into mine and Tyler's moment. Pulling back to look at Layla as she has a playful smile on her lips. I shake my head slightly with a smile of my own.

"Sorry Layla, but you done so well I just couldn't help myself." Tyler says, smirking playing along. He turns his attention back to me, "You are absolutely beautiful. No wait, beautiful does not even describe how sexy you ar..."

"Tyler Elliot! We got less than five minutes until the ceremony begins. There is no time, let's go! " A woman in a white dress yells, walking in our direction.

"Yes mom, we are on our way. I'm just happy to have Claire back in my arms." Tyler looks like a little kid that just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Tyler keeps me pulled to his side as we walk up the lady.

"Right this way then you two. Claire it is so nice to finally meet you. My name is Jane Elliot, welcome my dear to the family. Now, if we may please head this way, we must not keep our guests waiting as everyone is so eager to get a look at their new Luna." Jane says, grabbing me away from Tyler. I turn my head to see he is following behind us, as we walk up behind the house. "This is where you two will stand until Sam and I announce the arrival, starting the ceremony." Before she turns and leaves us standing here by the back door.

Tyler holds his arm out to me, I grab onto his forearm just as we hear Sam and Jane announce, " the Alpha has arrived with his mate our future Luna."Welp, I guess it is now or never, there is no turning back now. Tyler starts to take a small step forward, letting me know that is our cue to start making our way up the the stand. Moving slowly beside Tyler, I am beyond grateful that I am holding onto his arm, because I may have fell flat on my face by now. This dress is so long and I am only wearing flats, the dress could have been just a tad bit shorter. While we make our way to where Sam and Jane are standing, I notice everyone is staring at us. Making our way up to the small stage, I look up to see Sam and Jane smiling down at us softly. Tyler places his free hand on mine that is wrapped around his arm and we take the steps one at time. Moving to stand next to Sam, we stop and turn to face everyone.

"Welcome, tonight we are all here to welcome our new Luna." Sam's voice seems to bellow in the night air.

Jane walks over to my right side, smiling, "Claire, as former Luna, I will help assist in guiding you when needed. Welcome my dear." Jane says, placing a hand on my shoulder.