38. They Took Her

Shifting into my wolf, we push off as fast as we can move

Shifting into my wolf, we push off as fast as we can move. That is the hardest thing to do leaving Claire in the safety of someone else.

Niko pushes us right into the mass confusion. Wolves are growls and snapping at our pack members.

Strike low and fast! Leave no one. I order out to my pack members.

I jump just as a rogue comes snapping toward me legs. Niko spins us around quick, not giving the rogue a chance before ripping his throat out.

The fight is in full swing. We go through taking out as many rogues as we can and helping pack members that are fighting with more then two. Hearing a vicious growl, we glance over and see Nathan dealing with several rogues on his own.

Niko jumps on the back of one of the rogues snapping it's neck, before moving on and removing the rogues quickly.

Nathan finishes his off and shakes his fur out, giving me a slight bow. He turns his attention back to the fighting going on around us. How many can there possibly be? He links me.

Niko lets out a snort. To many. We reply to him, before focusing on the next closest rogue.

We are flying through when we hear a howl off in the distance. Niko stops and races through the carnage.

On the top of the hill is Cole and Greg running down with their warriors behind them. They come in joining the fight.

Be on guard for warriors and the other Alphas. Do not let your blood lust overdrive your senses! I order my members.

With the added help the rogues are cut down. Before long we are looking around and there is none left standing. Hundreds of bodies lay on the ground.

Probably not smart on anyone's part not keeping some alive, but I have had my limit with this nonsense.

Greg and Cole come over and join me in looking. They shift back to human form and I follow suit.

Back in my form, I can tell that not all the wolves on the ground is rogues. We have lost a few of our own.

Find some blankets and cover our loss. We will plan their funerals and let the families know. I send out a link to all the warriors on the field with us. I could not bring myself to say the words, not trust my voice.

"I will get some of my warriors to search the bodies and see if they can find a hint of anything." Cole speaks up, his tone sorrowful.

"My warriors will start digging a mass hole to put all the useless corpse in." Greg adds in.

"We will help in both efforts and get the casualties to the pack hosptial, so family members can see their love ones a last time." I finish, before moving over to start placing the white sheets over the members lost from all three packs.

With the sheets over the fallen, I look around and let a breath of air out. I get a few seconds before a whistle sounds out. Looking over Cole is waving us over.

I walk up to him, just as Nathan comes to my side. We bend down where Cole is pointing too.

On the corspe there is a strange mark on the torso, the red lines seem to be glowing in different directions.

"What in moons name it that?" Nathan ask looking at it closer.

I have never seen anything like this before in my life. I stand back up and can see everyone else is just as confused. This is something none of us have ever came across. What could this mean?

"It is clear the kill didn't cause that. There is a few bodies that have the same markings, but it does not make a pattern. It honestly is like something is flowing within the veins, because that is how the blood flow is throughout the body." Greg breaks it down.

My focus is taken away when someone starts pushing at the mental barrier I have up. Standing up, I let it down.

Alpha! We have rogues and others pouring in from the South. We are down three warriors! We need backup! Simon yells to me.

"Nathan! Pack house now! They are under attack." I shift instantly, taking off.

Greg and Cole flank me on both sides keeping up with me just as Nathan and other warriors are following behind us. Our paws hitting the ground, I feel we are not going fast enough.

Breaking through the tree line, we can see more wolves fighting with my members.

Nathan stumbles into me before we move from the treeline. Looking over at him, he seems to be having troubles breathing. His body shifts back to human form and is laying on the ground holding his throat.

I shift quickly checking him. "What is going on?"

"Layla trouble." He musters out.

My eyes go impossibly wide and I take off in a full run to the house. Not caring for the nudity, I push my way past the fighting rogues. Greg and Cole are hot on my heels.

I come face to face with the hidden wall wide open. A bar has it jammed open, with a smoke filtering out. I grab my nose and rush inside finding Layla and a naked Alastair both on the floor unconscious, but Claire is nowhere to be seen. There is some blood on the floor and my heart breaks instantly when I don't see a hint of a scratch on the others.

"Get them out of here and down to the hospital ward. They need to be checked by a doctor to make sure they will be alright." I speak quickly to the others.

Racing out and into our bedroom I look around frantically. Claire has to be here! They couldn't have taken her. Running back out in the hall I try and pick up her scent. Finally, picking up a trace of her rose and chocolate smell. I follow it, sniffing like a hound dog and until it leads right out the back door.

I can hear footsteps behide me. "They took her." I spin around coming face to face with the other two Alpha's and Nathan.

A/N----
Hey Hey Guys!!

Tyler now knows that Claire has been taken. Had to give you guys his side of the action while Claire was getting taken.

What's to come? Anyone want to take some guesses?

Until next time my lovely readers!