29. Formal Dance

Well this last week has been interesting to say the least

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Well this last week has been interesting to say the least. Standing at the top of the staircase, I look down to all the people below. Greg and Cole jumped on board with the whole idea and even pitched in with the planning. At some point tonight the guys and a few other Alpha's are going to go into the den and just simply talk, or well that is the plan.

"Ready my love?" Tyler places his hand on the back of my dress.

No. "As ready as I ever will be." I give him a small smile.

Tyler leads me down the stairs, with Alastair not far behind us. He has not left my side since the oath. Tyler set him up in a room on the other end of our floor, because he refuses to go far.

No one outside of Tyler, Nathan, Layla, Alastair and myself know about who I acutally am. They all believe it is for the best not to tell anyone because we still do not know who is truly behind everything, or what could happen.

Finally making it to the bottom step, I release my dress to where it flows. Why must these dances have women in the fluff dresses? I can barely move for fear of falling flat on my face.

"We have a total of eighteen Alpha's and their mates here." Nathan speaks, causing me to jump back into Tyler.

"Must you guys be so quiet? Geesh, you guys need bells or something." I ask.

Tyler and Nathan both put the back of their hands up to their mouths. "Yeah laugh it up." I walk off into the crowd.

Spotting Layla, I make my way over. "Hey."

"You look very nice for a dress you picked out online." Layla smiles. She was not happy once I told her I was not spending the day shopping.

"What all is the plan for tonight?" She asks, leaning over to whisper in my ear.

"For now just the normal dancing with food and drinks. Later into the evening the men are going to round up the others and slip into the den for a men's cocktail, while we get the women together. Hopefully, between the two groups something will spill." I response quietly, looking around.

"We?" Layla looks at me like I have two heads.

"Yes, we both are playing hostess to everyone. As my Beta female, I really need your help keeping the women here entertained. Please?" I am not above begging. They have claws and teeth, and well I don't currently.

"Well I can cover you on girl talk." Layla laughs.

"Thank you."

"I like messing with you Claire. Gotta keep you on your toes, besides you look like you can fall to the floor." She says, handing me a flute.

"May I have a dance with you Luna?" A elderly man steps up offering me his hand.

I give a quick smile, before accepting his hand. He leads me out onto the dance floor, spinning me around once before pulling me in closer to him. He keeps his hands at a acceptable level never once roaming for a feel, thankfully.

"You are a very lovely Luna. Still so young yet, though." He speaks, looking down at me.

"Thank you, Alpha." Cursing my height for having to look up to him.

There is no doubt he is powerful from the authority he is putting off.

"I was surpised to hear when Alpha Tyler finally found his mate. Typically Alpha's find our mates early on, right after our shift really, yet he was twenty." His brows furrow as he stares at me.

I am fixing to response when Tyler walks up. "May I cut in?"

"Of course Alpha. you have a lovely mate." The man bows before leaving.

Tyler takes my hand and pulls me tight against him. "Alastair told me a Alpha got you to dance, I thought it was Greg or Cole. I didn't think it would've been Victor."

"Something wrong with it being him?"

"Not at all. He just has kept to himself, since his mate past a couple of years back in a rogue attack." Tyler leans his head down. "We have some eyes on us."

Tyler spins us some and I get a good look at an Alpha staring us down.

"Is that?" I ask.

"Saul." Tyler answers, going stiff.

Tyler dips me backwards, giving me a small kiss before leading me off the dance floor. We make our way over to the side of the room. I spot Alastair, Nathan, and Layla instantly.

"Our guest has arrived, Beta." Tyler looks at Nathan, who bows his head.

"I will find Greg and Cole, to let them know you are ready." Nathan answers taking off.

Alastair comes to stand next to me on the oppsite side of Tyler. "Do you need anything, Luna?"

"Not at the moment. Also what I have I said about that with calling me by my title?" I ask letting my voice hum at the end.

"That you wish me not to be so formal." He chuckles. "As this is a formal event. It is fitting though, yes?"

"Hey man." A male voice calls out.

"Having fun Cole?" Tyler laughs.

"Hell yeah. I have been going around talking to the others." Cole smirks at Tyler. He has a woman holding onto his arm who smiles gently. "Dear this is Luna Claire, Beta female Layla, and their new member Alastair."

"Hello, it is lovely to meet you all." She speaks graciously.

"Would you like to join us, Luna?" I ask.

"I would be pleased too. Please call me Ariel." She lets go of Cole and moves to stand by Layla.

"I believe it is time for the men to go to the den for cocktails." Tyler speaks up loud for everyone to hear.

"If the women would like to stay around, it would be an honor for me to have some desserts served for everyone." I speak up, playing my part.

Tyler leans down and gives me a quick kiss before leaving the room. I move to watch all the men exit the room and into another section on this level. The women move around and come to stand close to me. I look back seeing Alastair is standing behind me.

"Please everyone have a sit, I will have the staff bring us out some items." I speak level for all to hear. Layla leaves to let the others know it is time to bring out the food.

I take a seat at the head of the table and smile gently, playing my part. I hope all of this works out to our advantage tonight.

A/N---

Hey Hey Guys!!!

Who wants to see if having the Alpha's seperated from their mates that someone may spill some beans?

More new characters coming into play within this chatper but will they stick around?

How everyone feeling for the first time Saul is on the pack lands?