30. Snooping Around

This is all going smoother then I can have planned for

Nathan bring in some of the warriors to stand on guard for if things get heated. Let's face it this many Alpha's indoors in the same place, it is completely possible for things to get out of hand.

Jerking off the tie around my neck, I undo a few buttons. This monkey suit needs to be taken down a few notches anyways.

Thanks for losing the collar! Inwardly laughing at Niko's timing to pipe up.

"So how have things been over at Crystal Springs?" I ask, Alpha Max.

"For shit. Damn rogues won't get the hint and just leave. I swear they are worse than vultures hovering above head." He lets a sigh out. "How is things here?"

"Same as what you have currently." I rub my hands down my face.

"My pack is out in the middle of nowhere, and small in size. If the rogues keep going I could lose my pack, man." Max shakes his head.

I pat his back a few times. "We are trying to get it all figured out."

"I am in with you, what ever you need from my small pack. This shit has to stop, so we can go back to living peacfully." He finishes the drink in his hand, before moving over to the bar.

I am glad to hear and see that Greg and Cole have been working their way with talking to other Alpha's trying to help build up strength if we need it.

Where Crystal Springs is means that the rogues are everywhere. It is not just stationed here at the heart of three packs bewteen Greg, Cole, and I.

Greg strolls over to me and nods his head. "So it would seem to me we have some good alliences forming?"

"That we do and the scale of rogues that is out there we may need them all. If they can get here in time." I say, holding my glass up to taste the bitter liquid.

"The rogues seem to be endless. This is a scale I have never heard of happening."

"Whoever is behind this has help. That has to be the key." I finish my drink setting the glass down.

"Well, well, well. How's it going Alpha's" A beary voice speaks up off to the side of us.

"Going as good as everyone else." I answer Saul.

"No more attacks lately?" Saul asks.

What is he snooping at here? Niko's question is right on que with mine.

"We have had some." Greg answers for the both of us. Playing it off like everything has not been a big deal.

"I have been sorry to not hear from anyone. I have been hoping to catch up and see how everyone is fairing. Any news on what we spoke about over the phone?" Saul's eyes twitch asking the question.

"No news on my end. What about your Greg?" I ask, loooking over to my fellow Alpha and friend.

"Nope, not a peep." Greg responds.

"Well that is a shame. All of this could be over us by now, if we worked together. We need to catch up after this event and coordinate to help each other." Saul says walking off.

"Is that prick for real?" Greg pinches the bridge of his nose.

"We have been working together, just not with him." I reply lowly, shaking my head.

A whistle sounds out causing all our heads to jerk in the direction it comes from.

Must that idiot do that. My ears are ringing. Niko growls. I am right there with him though.

"Good, good. Glad I have everyone's attention." Saul nods, looking around having made himself at home in my pack standing on top of the small end table.

What is the hell is he doing? Nathan mind links me.

Guess is as good as mine. Be on guard for anything! I reply to Nathan, causing him to slightly bow his head at me.

"Why don't we do something fun? With the permission of the wonderful Alpha Tyler, of course." Saul stops to look in my direction.

I don't reply and wait for him to continue.

"Well, guess I should just say it. Since all Alpha's are gathered and we have our mates. Who would be up for a run together in our wolf forms? It would be a wonderful way to show our we are strong and united." Saul stops talking and raises his arms up.

No one moves a muscle within the room.

"I do not think that would be the best of ideas, respectfully Alpha. As all our wolves are strong and close to equal in power. Plus, it would not be right nor fair, because I would have to lead the run with it being my lands no one is familiar with the territory. I would not wish for any fellow Alpha's to feel below me, having to follow in behind." I try and reason.

Praying to the moon that there is not many here that will side with Saul in this.

Looking around the room. I come across Nathan and he is nervous underneath that serious expression he is wearing. Not that I blame him one second for the worry. Claire can't shift, and no one must know what we recently have come across. If any else finds out we could have major issues, especially if Saul finds that little tibit of information.

Protect mate. It is the most important thing. Blame me if you must say I don't want to shift. Niko is quick to add in.

I don't think I will have to explain any further, as most Alpha's almost seem to be in relief to not be shifting on unknown grounds to them.

"Well, well. Guess that idea is out to pasture then." Saul grumbles.

"I should take my leave then." Saul almost growls out, stepping down off the table.

To close of a call for me. Mate comes first. Niko lets out a puff of air in the back of my mind.

I am right there with him, that was to close for comfort.

Once Saul leaves the others go back to talking among each other. I take this chance to slip to the door and peep out checking on Claire. Seeing she is content with the others helps to sooth Niko and myself.

A/N----

Hey Hey Guys!!

Looks like Saul is snooping around. Who is thankfully no one sided with him?

It was like a relief when Saul left, but sad to say may be seeing more of him...