19. At Lost For Words

How could this happen? Why would he do that to himself? Is there a creature out there that can control people to do that? There is no Alpha command to be strong enough. Is there?

No, but loyalty can cause that.

Hands grab under my arms and raise me off the ground. Blinking the tears away, I can see it is Nathan.

Everything is a blur. I remember Tyler leaving the cells on the verge of shifting. Sometime after that I must have went down to the ground.

"Lets get you out of here Claire." Nathan whispers in my ear.

Nodding my head, I let him lead me out of the cells. I just want to get far away from here.

Nothing. Nothing has truly been answered.

Wait. Master that person said it. So there is a higher power behind this whole thing. Some one has a sick sense of humor. The moon does not speak to anyone.

Now some innocent person is in danger.

"Claire." Nathan is standing in front of me.

"Did you say something?" I ask.

"Hey talk to me sis. I know that is hard to see, but I need you in the present here with me." Nathan's eyes search mine.

"I am just trying to process it all." Letting a sigh out, I step around Nathan and walk towards the house.

First thing is to find Tyler. Letting the bond do the work it leads me to his office. I push the door open with Nathan hot on my heels, only to see feathers flying everywhere.

Tyler is standing off to the side half shifted, breathing harshly. With a chair and the pillows that was on it tore to pieces.

"Ty." I whisper, causing his head to jerk up in my direction. Only problem is Tyler is no where to be seen his eyes are deep crimson, meaning his wolf is in control.

"Back." His voice raspy and deeper comes out to me, while he stumbles backwards. "Hurt mate."

"You will not hurt me." This seems to calm him down as his eyes change to the emeralds I know and love.

Tyler looks behind me, "Tell the guards to get rid of it. We won't be getting any further answers."

Nathan nods and leaves the room.

"I have to call Greg and Cole. This is one phone call I am not looking forward to in the least." Tyler brushes his hands through his hair. While he sits behind his desk.

"There is nothing any one could have done about what he done. We did get some things from him." I stand in front of his desk.

"Not really. That thing was some crazy lunatic spilling nonsense. We might have got confirmation that someone bigger is behind all of this but no actual answers." Resting his elbows on the desk. "Why don't you see if any of the women need help with dinner? I am just going to be in conference calls."

Not bothering to reply, I leave the office.

I walk into our room first, and sit on the bed. I just need a minute to myself. It is barely midday and already so much is going on.

Are you missing the fact our mate just basically threw us out.

That is something different, I have never left his office for conference calls before. He has his reasons, so I can just ask him later.

Getting out of the room, I don't even bother to look at the office door, but I did just hear a click. He really just locked the door. Ha, jokes on him I could unlock it easily because I got the key.

I walk down stairs to the kitchen, seeing Hailey, Fiona, and Layla moving about. "Need any help in here?"

They call dogs obedient. You are the lost pup. Doing exact what your told. Get up there and see what is going on!

"Sure Luna! Could you help peel potatoes?" Hailey asks, waving me over to the counter.

Taking the knife next to the bowl, I start peeling the potato closest to me. Hailey is cutting them up and places it in the pan. Fiona looks to be basting the meat in the oven, and Layla is working some dough.

"What is all on the menu tonight ladies?" I have to talk to someone, get my mind off of everything.

"Layla and I came up with roast beef with mashed potatoes, gravy, and rolls." Fiona smiles, turning to face me.

"Then for dessert, it's planned to be something full of calories and sugar." Layla speaks up.

"So any specific thing in mind?" I snicker at her choice of words.

"Nope. They can not decide what to do. So we thought once we tend to all of these we would just look through the cookbooks on the shelf." Hailey chides.

"I could help in that department." Racking my brain for something. "What about mini individual cheesecake bites? They could be different flavors."

"Yes!" All three women ring out together.

We get the main course done, letting it stay on the warmers until time to serve the food. Now onto the fun part of making dessert.

We all took turns on our own flavors of making our desserts, and by the time it's done there is over four hundred bites for everyone to share.

Making our way out of the kitchen we place the main course on the table. Soon everyone files in and takes their sits.

I sit down and Nathan sits across from me, but will not look at me in the least bit.

"Where is Tyler?" I ask him, since he will not look at me. Plus Tyler has yet to show up.

"He will not be joining us tonight."

"Excuse me." I stare at Nathan.

"Alpha has work to tend to this evening." Nathan still is refusing to look at me. "Layla, please stay with Claire tonight. I will be with the Alpha the rest of the evening."

"Sure." Layla answers, but looks like as lost as I truly am.

A/N------
Hey Hey Guys!!! Hope everyone is well!

There is some exciting things coming up! Who wants to meet some new characters soon?

Thank you to everyone supporting this story! Lots of love going out to all of you!