35. Ambushed On All Fronts

Niko is in a uproar

Niko is in a uproar. He is just growling and clawing in the back of my mind, over the little tibit Alastair just announced.

Stealing a glance at Claire, helps to calm both Niko and I down some. She is just sitting there calmly like it is no big deal. As if feeling my gaze she looks over at me and smiles gently.

"You can't be serious though. Claire you wouldn't do that would you?" Nathan asks, frantically.

Being focused on Niko and Claire, never thought her brother would be going crazy.

"Settle. I am not going to do anything to myself. Besides I would have to live through phase one." Claire simply shrugs.

"That is not something I am willing to find out. I don't want you in harms way." My voice comes out more hoarse than I mean for it to be.

"Isn't that why Alastair has been following me? Why I am not going off pack lands? I am smart enough not to get myself physically hurt. Plus it is only the four of us and Layla that know who I might be." Claire looks between all of us.

"Luna. You are the One. There is no need to keep denying it or saying 'If' because it is you." Alastair looks over to her.

Damn. I feel like a kid getting scolded with that look.

"Well, if all goes right then we should get the reports soon on Saul's pack. Greg and Cole have their warriors in position and ready to go for whatever it says." I change the subject, not wanting things to get ahead of itself.

We can't focus on what if's anymore. We can only focus on the here and now. Right now that is stopping innocents from being slaughtered.

"When do I need to get our warriors ready?" Nathan asks.

"Now, but I will go down and speak to the group. Everyone needs to there tonight, though. It is best to do a mass announcement at once. If you could just round them all up on the training grounds." I answer, but Niko pushes some and it comes out as a slight order.

Nathan bows his head, leaving the room quickly.

"I will be going down to stand by you when you talk to them." Claire speaks up. "It is after all a Luna's duty and they are my people too."

Mate is strong. Niko puffs his chest up with pride. I am right there with him.

"If this comes back how I think it will then I want you to stay here with Alastair. I will be going with them." I tip my head looking at her.

I am hoping she does not fight me on this. I have to be out there with our warriors during battle, and trust Alastair to keep her here safe.

"I don't like it." Claire mumbles.

I let a slow breath out. "I know, but it does not show right on our pack if I send out warriors to fight and not do it myself."

I got just about everyone rounded up. Nathan links me.

Thanks. We will be down in five. I reply to him. I knew it was a smart choice to have Nathan as my Beta. He gets things done fast and has become a good friend in the process.

"We should make our way down. Alastair come with us and stand by close. It is officially time to introduce you to our pack, something that is past due."

We reach the training grounds and everyone is facing us. I walk up beside Nathan and give his shoulder a quick pat before stepping out a few more steps. Claire walks up beside me, while leaving Alastair next to Nathan.

"Members of Dark River, thank you for coming out late tonight. Your Luna and I are here tonight to speak with each and everyone of you." I can tell I have everyone's attention.

"We may have some times ahead where I need all available warriors ready to stand with me and your Beta. We face a threat that is causing issues within our world. Rogues are being controlled by a higher order. Once we know who is controlling the rogues we need to take them out." I pause making sure everyone is keeping up.

"Our allies will be joining us in this fight. We will not stand alone as a pack. Within the coming hours warriors will be split some will be staying behind to protect the others here in the pack lands, and the rest will join me in the fight."

"There is other reasons I have brought everyone here tonight. I need to officially introduce a new member within our pack." I turn and gesture Alastair to step up.

"Welcome Alastair Star. He is the other smell that I know some have picked up on, as he is a Kitsune. I expect everyone of you to treat him with kindness just like we do to every member within our pack."

Everyone claps and welcomes him. Alastair gives a small wave and goes back behind us, next to Nathan.

I thought you was fixing to spill about mate. Your an idiot if you do. Bill Bell is prime reason not to trust easy, wolves aren't always loyal. Niko pipes up.

He is very right there. We may have a traitor and not know it. I would never be stupid enough to risk Claire.

"Have a wonderful night. Please stay on guard and we will be with everyone on where their positions will be." Claire finishes up for me.

I watch as everyone leaves the training grounds. I turn to speak with Nathan on where to start placing warriors. We need to sort out the ones staying and going for the levels of warriors we have. The elites I will see who volunteers or not, but for the rest of the warriors they need to be split evenly. I want a strong hold with us, but we need have some of our strongest here to help protect too.

Just Nathan goes to say something our attention is taking over to the wood line where there is rustling.

I see Bria running out and in our direction. She is covered in blood and breathing roughly.

"What is going on?" I run up to her, with the others hot on my heels.

"We were caught in an ambush." She gets out just as she crumples to the ground, Nathan barely catching her in time.

A/N-----
Hey Hey Guys!!

Who thinks the ambush on Kyle and Bria was set?

Alastair has officially been announced to the pack! Yay!

Lots of love going out to everyone!