I start telling her about everything, how I met Zhavi and later found out what she is, who her mother is, why she isn't here now and because I'm pissed off at this and so is my wolf. I tell her about Holden and the fact that he came to save me when my mate was planning to kill me with her little friends and it's safe to say the woman in front of me is way beyond pissed.

"Shane I am your mother, I put so much pressure on you when your father died and I wasn't there when you struggled but I'm here now. I have healed and accepted which means I want to take a load off of my son's shoulders. I don't like you keeping secrets from me. I don't like that you have communicated with Holden and not tell me. You met your mate which is a huge thing and you didn't tell me. I want you to trust me no matter how sour something is, tell me. Okay?" She says looking hurt.

I couldn't help the guilt I felt for keeping her in the dark. She's right, maybe I would've made better decisions when I included her in everything but I just wanted my mother to not feel any worries but after today, everything is just a mess.

"So what are you planning to do about Zaralena? How will you get your mate back here if you left her with those hunters." I stay quiet for a minute not wanting to give her the answer since I know she won't like it.

"Shane don't tell me you will leave your mate there. You said it yourself that you want to change her heart but here you are abandoning her." She implies.

"I'm not abandoning her mother that's her family. That's where she's happy isn't it? Besides she chose them." It hurts me that she chose to leave with them but I understand.

"Shane, who said that because someone is your family they make you happy?" She asks a rhetorical question and before I could answer, she just upped and left.

I thought about what Holden told me, how Zhavi's father mistreated her when his wife and son died. Could my mother's words be true? But why would she choose them if that's the case, why didn't she come to me?

"She's scared of us.." My wolf replies. Yeah no shit you wanted to hurt her.

"I hate disrespect but I'd never hurt mate!"

Not when you're not angry. I block him before he says anything else. I felt the need to blame someone for what happened because I'm definitely not blaming my mate. There's a huge part of me that is hoping in any way that my mate did not try to set me up.

A few minutes later Lydia enters my office to inform me that some of the guards are ready for the meeting while others are still keeping guard.

Entering the basement the noise subsides and everyone's attention turns to me.

"I'm sure Lydia and Christian already told you what we're here for. I have decided to hold a ball next week Friday, I'm calling Alphas to attend so I can warn them of the danger that is coming our way. My security will be tighter, no civilian shall be out of their home after 5 pm." I inform them. I want everyone to be safe and I'll try by all means, if there is some type of war, to ensure it doesn't take place in a place that is close to my people.

~

Zhavi's POV

It has been 24 hours since I last saw him. Since I last saw the face that once held love for me now held hatred. It's not something new anyway. I saw that look from my father and it crushed me everyday but now that it was Shane, it hurts more like my insides are being ripped apart.

I think about him every hour and every minute. I hate myself for this I hate it! I hate it! Why can't I just be happy for once? Oh right I was and I ruined it. Typical Zhavi.

"Hey.." I heard someone say with a low voice from my door. I don't turn to look at who it is as I already can recognise the mellow voice from the door.

"Please don't. Not now Jane", The last thing I need right now is someone teasing me about failing my mission.