Chapter 44 - Why Is It Lanterns Again??

Start from the beginning

Most girls would feel sheepish after being caught during such an act. However, Yue Mingzhu was not. She walked straight ahead, and her two maidservants were unable to stop her. They could only follow behind her until she stopped in front of Mr. Lu.

“I’m the third young miss of the Yue family, and my name is Mingzhu.” One of her maidservants, Chang Yi, paled, her eyes widening and she almost fainted dead away. Her mistress was still a virgin maiden! Although interaction was not forbidden between a male and a female in Bastion City, there was also no such thing as randomly telling a strange man one’s name!

“Miss Yue…” Mr. Lu too looked rather awkward. He cupped his hands together, quietly taking half a step back.

Who would have guessed that this third young miss would take half a step closer? With bright, beautiful eyes, Yue Mingzhu stared at him. “May I ask after your name?”

“Uhh…” Mr. Lu again retreated half a step, but Miss Yue still followed along. He had no choice but to turn his head away to avoid arousing suspicion, and replied gently, “My last name is Lu, and Miss Yue is too polite.”

“Master Lu.” Miss Yue nodded, her smile like a flower. “Does Master Lu already have a family?”

“Umm…” Mr. Lu glanced swiftly at Miss Yue. It seemed like he was shocked, and was momentarily speechless.

“Master Lu has the bearing of an immortal, it would not be strange for you to already be married.” Miss Yue clearly had misunderstood his astonishment as him having difficulty in responding. She continued in her manner, “I’m currently eighteen this year. Although I’m a little old in age, I fell in love at first sight with Master Lu, and I wish to only be able to stay by your side. Even if I can only be your concubine, I’m willing to do so.”

“Miss!” Chang Yi’s eyes were really about to roll to the back of her head. What exactly did she just hear? Did her mistress really hate getting married that much?

“Uhh… Since this young lady is still unbetrothed, these words to a strange man would harm your reputation. I hope Miss Yue would conduct yourself with dignity.” Mr. Lu had finally regained his senses, and realised that the pretty girl in front of him was declaring her affections to him.

A wretched blush suffused his pale cheeks, and his exquisite brows knitted together sternly. Cupping his hands together again, he wanted to leave with a swing of his sleeves.

Who would have known that Miss Yue was the type to be arrogant and wilful? Girls of Bastion City were originally frank and unrestrained to the point where they were somewhat unbridled. Along with Miss Yue’s nature, having finally found someone who could move her heart, how could she let this person go so easily? Without thinking, she reached out and grabbed onto Mr. Lu’s sleeve. However, in her anxiousness, she exerted a little too much strength. With a rip, the sleeve of Mr. Lu’s outer robe was torn.

Now, both of them were embarrassed, freezing right where they stood. Miss Yue finally realised that she had been too rash, and a mortifying blush crept over her face. Hanging her head down, she stammered an apology. “M-master Lu, I’ve been rude. Please, Master Lu, don’t take offense. Why don’t you come to my residence, and let me express my sincere apology?”

Mr. Lu blushed an unhappy red. He looked at his sleeve, which despite being torn, was still trapped in the young girl’s hand. A long while later, he replied in a low voice. “Then I will have to disturb you.”

A bright smile took over Yue Mingzhu’s face. Solicitously, she led Mr. Lu back to her home, and even diligently mended his sleeve for him. Through her father, she learnt that Mr. Lu was the teacher of the Great Southern Garrison General, as well as the general’s beloved according to the private discussions of many people.