Chapter o4: Ready

"So how do you plan to talk to them?" Bona asked as we stroll around the park.

I can't stop myself from smiling as I watched a girl and a boy bickering with each other while eating ice cream in the corner of the park. They were both sitting in the bench.

The same place where Jungkook and I used to hang around in the past.

I wonder how is he right now?

Does he still love mint chocolate as much as he does it in the past? Does he still bite his nails or tilt his head out of habit? 

I wonder how many piercings does he have now? That man just don't know how to stop. I laughed out loud.

"Hello! Earth to Jisoo Kim!?" Bona shouted near in my ear. I immediately grimaced and covered both of my ears.

She rolled her eyes at me. "I was here talking a lot of things and you weren't even paying attention?!"

I let out a nervous giggle. "Sorry."

She sighed. "So, have you?"

"Have I what?"

She puffed some air and grunted. "Your friends! Have you talk to them?"

I immediately looked away. "N-not yet, actually."

"Why?" She asked.

"I don't know if I'm ready or if they're ready." I answered.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I looked back at her and immediately saw her annoyed face. "Then when would you guys be ready?"

"I-I don't k-know?" I stuttered. 

Damn, this woman does really scared the shit out of me sometimes. Bona is known for being such a caring friend but her nagging is quite irritating.

Actually, its not irritating. It's just that she's too blunt. She speaks what's real and true. No filters. Even if that shit could hurt you, she don't care. She will still say it to you right into your face.

"You know what, Jisoo. I don't get you." She voiced out as she left me in the walkway and made her way in the bridge. She stopped as soon as she found a small lake underneath it and admired it's landscape.

I slowly walked closer and went beside her. We became silent as we both appreciate the pond with different fishes in it, swimming graciously in the water.

"You know how I used to have a lot of friends, right?" I looked at her as she stood still staring right ahead. 

I hummed as an answer. 

"It didn't really worked out. No one wanted me as a friend but instead, they want someone they can use. Having this kind of wealthy life has its own consequences, I know that. So I became careful on who I should approached with," She explained.

"But then I met you, you must be thinking that I was one of the reason and saved you from your misery but no, Jisoo. You saved me more."

"You gave me hope that I could trust someone again. That I could have a genuine friend who's always by my side."

"Oh, Bona!" I started fanning my eyes as I don't want to let my tears fall, we're in public for god's sake. 

She let out a playful chuckle.

"So that's why I'm telling you to not lose any moment because even though I only hear them from your stories and all,  but based from it, I'm sure that they're for keeps."

I smiled. "They sure are."

I inhaled deep and I looked up in the sky as those memories I had with those eight wonderful human beings flashes right through my mind.