Chapter 22: Tight Corner

"Okay, that's twenty minutes," Jungkook glance at his wristwatch, "Let's go inside."

He opened the car door at his side of the car and immediately went out. But me on the other hand, couldn't move a muscle. I was getting scared.

I want to back down.

When he noticed that I wasn't following him, he bent over to look at me who remained still inside the car, looking straight at the restaurant's entrance. "What are you doing, Chi? Let's go!"

I swallowed hard before replaying, "I don't think I can do this,"

"What do you mean?" He keenly stared down at me.

"I want to talk to his father, privately, Kook," I stated. "Not here,"

 He sighed and went back inside, "Chi, we-" 

"I don't want to make a mess," I added.

He turned his body around to face me. "Chi, we talked about this already."

"I know, but-"

He cut me off. "Look, if we won't do this right now, you and Taehyung might regret this later." 

"They'll be finalizing their partnership tonight," He grabbed my hand and clasps it tight. "If we won't stop it from happening, it will be the end for the both of you to be together."

I stared intently at him. "Do you understand?" He asked, nodding.

With a heavy sigh and a despondent air, I slowly nodded.

"Okay," He smiled. "Now, let's go."

We went out of the car at the same time and marched our way inside the restaurant side by side.

"We made dinner reservations for 8 o'clock." Jungkook beamed at the teller. 

"Oh, Mr. Jeon, you're here," The teller brightly smiled at him before glancing at me confusingly, "W-what a pleasant surprise!"

Jungkook's family might be a regular at this place. They already know him without even stating his name. And by the looks of it, they were quite surprised when they saw him with an unfamiliar face.

I shouldn't mind about it, I've got a big situation that needed more focus on.

"Please, follow her to guide you on your table" The teller politely pointed out a waitress who walked closer to us straight away. 

The waitress beamed at the both of us, "This way, ma'am, sir." She went inside the VIP's room and we followed behind.

She then lead us the way to our table and helped us be comfortable at our respective seats.

"Thank you," I smiled at her. 

She politely bowed at the both of us, "I'll be back with the menu," She started walking away.

"Chi," Jungkook called.

He turned his head to the right side, "There they are,"

I exhaled deep before looking to their direction.

They looked like they were having a lovely dinner together.

Uncle Jung-hoon and Aunt Hee are sitting together. Lisa on her mother's side while Taehyung in his father's side of the table. 

And then, there's Joy and probably his Dad whom was on her side.

"Lisa texted me," He stated. "They're still currently eating the main course."

I could only hum in response.

I keep taking deep breaths every now and then. I'm so nervous that I couldn't stop myself from trembling so hard.