Chapter o7: It's not fine

"Ji," She called out.

"It's okay. Just let me um-" I couldn't continue my words. I couldn't find any thing to assure her that it's going to be fine. 

Because it's clearly not.

Who am I kidding? I shouldn't have put my hopes up in the beginning, anyway.

Should I walk away?

No. It won't be fair.

I should be happy for his sake. He's finally moving forward and that's the most important thing right now.

I put a smile on my face and slowly close my eyes. 

Breath in, breath out. 

That 's it! I need to relax. I'm not the weak Jisoo like in the past anymore. I'll get through this. 

I must.

As I was beginning to open my eyes, my gaze made me come across my watch. I was still wearing the cartier couple watch that I gave to him. 

The black one.

I sneak a look at him and found out that he was already staring at me. I slowly looked down and catch a glimpse at his wrist.

My heart immediately sank when I finally noticed it.

He's not wearing it anymore.

I sadly smiled. 

I slowly put both of my arms down and hide it in the table. 

I should remove mine, too. Either way, it would messed things up for him. 

I gave the watch to Bona to whom she immediately accepted without question. This girl really knows me that well.

I looked back at him again and my heart immediately started pounding hard as I saw him staring straight at the necklace. I started to feel anxious and slowly reached for it.

"Don't!" He suddenly shouted out of the blue.

Everybody who was busy chatting with one another went completely silent and look at him all at the same time, confused at his sudden outburst. They all followed his gaze and that leads to me.

I immediately felt their wondering stares but I didn't seem to mind it.

I just stared at him back as he stared at me intently.

He don't want me removing the necklace that he gave to me but he's not even wearing the watch that I gave for him? 

Why?

The woman gasped, scanning me from head to toe. "Oh, you're that new girl!"

"It's true, you really are pretty." She went near me me right after and extended her arms. "I'm Park Soo-young. But my friends call me Joy."

"You can call me Joy." She giggled.

I looked at her hand and reached for it right away, accepting the handshake. "Kim Jisoo." I stated.

I bet my smile came out awkward and nervous and I so hope she didn't see right through it.

"I'm guessing your friend's with the gang," She looked at everyone. I glanced at all of them, too. My eyebrows knitted as I stare at their expression.

Why do they all looks so agitated?

"I'm still trying to know them all," She continued. "Besides, it's a must to befriend my fiancée's friends, am I right?"

"Right, Tae?" She added.

I just stood there, dumfounded. That phrase she said was like a bomb thrown right in front of my face. I couldn't do anything but just to get hit directly.