Chapter 11: Changed

Just like waking up in the morning and inhaling my first conscious-breath of the day, reading is something essential to me.

I decided to go to school early and spend my time in the library.

Right in the middle of skimming the good part of the book, my phone lit up and immediately saw a message pops out on the screen.

"Where are you? Let's meet up." - Taehyung

I bit my lip as I cursed inside my head. I so don't want to see him right now. 

It has been days ever since that mall encounter happened. I tried to keep away from him for the mean time and refrain from feeling dejected. 

I was making myself busy for the whole week.

I decided to focus on my studies and spend time with the gang more often. Lucky for me, he wasn't able to be with us and joined the hang-outs during that time.

Should I really call myself lucky about that? I guess not.

As much as I was steering clear from him, at the same time I was dreading to see him again. Our friends told me that's how Taehyung's life right now. 

Too busy.

Being involved with the "business" and all. I don't know if I should believe that. I don't know anymore. 

"Cant. My classes are starting already." I replied.

"Liar." A voice so deep and and husky muttered softly on my ear. I felt all my body hair stands on end. I glance at my side and faced the man responsible for it. 

"Taehyung," I softly uttered.

His face was a few inches closer than I'd imagine.

"Hm?" He moved his face closer, teasing me.

That made my breath hitched as my heart started to beat fast. "W-What are you doing?" I stammered.

He mischievously grinned at me before sitting at the next chair beside mine.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed. 

I gaped around in a slightly anxious way, checking to see if there's someone who saw what he just did.

"Should I be the one asking you that?" I glanced back at him. "Why did you lie to me just now?"

"I-" My eyes wandered as I searched for alibi to give him.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked.

That question made me stare at him intently.  "Yes," I admitted.

"As a matter of fact I am, Tae." His eyebrows furrows at my blunt response. 

Right then I realized, I guess this is the right time to gave him my thoughts that even I was so much dodging to voiced out.

"Maybe it's about time we should talk about our situation," I challenged him. "Damn, we both were so invested with each other that we forgot about the important things to talked about."

"What are we doing, Tae?" I queried. "Who am I to you, really?" 

"You're the one that I love." He stated.

I shook my head. "You didn't answer my question." 

He didn't talked. So, I decided to let it all out. "We already know for a fact that both of us admitted still having feelings for each other."

"But why does it leads us to this?" I scoffed.  "Hiding." He immediately looked down.

"Why is that, Tae?" I still continued expressing those suppressed feelings even though his gazes on me are long gone. "Tell me, why do we have to do this?"