"Belle." The Parker girl corrected, making the counselors brows furrow. "What?"

Belle stopped once she reached the door, grabbing the doorknob as she looked back at Monroe. "My name. It's Belle." She said before walking out of the classroom, slamming the door shut on her way out.

...

After they met with their counselor, Melanie and Belle went to the library in hopes to find a book that would have anything about the rats. Melanie stuck in on of the aisle, looking through the books. "There's this book, North American Cryptozoology, and they have this entire chapter on spiders." Melanie said to Belle, her eyes never leaving the books.

Melanie brows furrowed when she realized all the books she needed were skipped, as if someone had already checked them out. "What happened to all the books?" She muttered and Belle turned to the shelf before shrugging. "Uh, maybe someone's writing a paper on mythology and superstition."

Melanie turned to Belle, giving her a "really?" look. Belle looked at the Mel's face and shrugged, shaking her head. "Or, like, a hundred papers."

A loud scream from the exit of the library made Melanie jump. Melanie peaked her head out from the aisle she was in before she turned to Belle, locking eyes with her. Without having to say anything, the two girls ran out of the library and towards the classroom where they could hear the screaming.

The two girls skidded to a stop once they reached the entrance of the class. Melanie cringed at the sight of rats running around the floor, students standing on their chairs or desks so the rats wouldn't touch them.

Feeling two bodies run up from behind them and an arm wrap around Melanie's waist to pull her back from the screams, Melanie turned her head slightly, looking at Liam and Masons wide eyes, Liam holding her waist tightly. Melanie turned back to all the rats, leaning towards Belle. "Looks like we're gonna need a book on rats, too."

...

"You know, it's not as irrational as you think." Mason said as he, Melanie, Belle and Liam walked through the Argent tunnels, trying to follow the rats scent. "There's actually an evolutionary advantage of having an innate fear of spiders, snakes, and rats." Mason continued and Melanie let out a small huff. "Good for me, I guess."

Mason chuckled at Melanie's words before turning to Belle and Liam with furrowed brows. "How do you know they came from here?"

Liam sighed at the question, turning his head to Mason as they all continued to walk down the tunnel. "Well, they came clawing through the vents, and those pipes lead directly down here." Liam said as the reached a dead end.

A nauseating smell hit the three teens noses. Melanie coughed at the smell, looking around to find the source of the smell and when her eyes landed on a giant group of torn apart rats, her eyes widened and she quickly whacked Liams arm.

The three turned their heads to see what Melanie was looking at after finding out what was emitting the horrible smell, she grew more disgusted. "What is that?" Belle asked, holding back a gag. Melanie's brows furrowed, tilting her head as she squatted in front of the rat. After looking at it for a few seconds, Melanie's eyes went wide. "A rat king."

...

"You've got two minutes!" Malia yelled as she walked down the tunnel towards the four after Belle called her, asking for her help. The four younger teens all pointed to the pile of rats in unison, all taking a step away from it.

Malia looked at the four with furrowed brows, slightly creeped out on how all of them did that at the same time before she looked down at the pile of rats, squatting towards get a better look.

Melanie walked as Malia slowly tilted her head back and forth. She took a small step towards Malia, watching her with squinted eyes. "What do you think happened?"

Malia pursed her lips, raising on of her hands to point at the pile. "Rats freaked out, crawled all over each other, got their tails knotted up. Tore each other apart trying to break free." She said before craning her bhead back to look up at Melanie. "You read up on rat king?"

Melanie nodded, making Malia nod, turning back to the pile of rats as Liam watched the two in confusion. "What's a rat king?" Liam asked as Malia shot up, dangling the rat towards his face. Liam let out a loud "woah!" backing away, Mason backing up too. Malia turned to Melanie, almost as if she was asking if she wanted to see the rat closer and Melanie pulled her lips into a line, shaking her head crazily. "I'm good. Thank you."

"Yep. I'm, I'm good just over here." Mason whispered and Malia shrugged, she turned to Belle who was the closest to her, dangling the rat towards her face. Belle screeched, smacking Malias wrist, making the werecoyote drop the rat.

Malia rolled her eyes at Belle, looking back and forth between her and Liam. "Can you smell it? It's fear." Belle, slightly calmer now that the rat wasn't in her face, nodded. "Yeah, it's the same as the ones in the math classroom." She said and Malias face almost instantly scrunched. "Why were there rats in a classroom?"

"Uh, they ran in during second period, uh, about 50 of them." Mason said and Malia looked down at her watch, rolling her eyes as she shook her head. "Your two minutes are up. I've gotta go." Malia sighed out and Liams eyes widened, taking a step towards her. "Where are you going?" Liam asked as Malia picked up the rat Belle smacked out of her hand. "Paris. This isn't my problem."

"So you think this is a problem?" Mason asked, slightly panicked and Malia groaned, rolling her eyes. "Maybe. Probably. But you've got it covered, and I've got a plane to catch." Malia said, throwing the rat into the paper bag in Masons hands, knowing none of the other four would do it before walking down the tunnel to leave.

Melanies brows furrowed at Malias words, turning to her retreating figure. "I thought it was delayed?" Melanie yelled and Malia answered, not turning around and still walking. "Rerouted!"

Belle turned down the tunnel to Malia, cupping around her mouth so her voice could travel better even though she knew Malia could hear her. "Hey! When you get there, look for Isaac Lahey! He's an old friend!"

—THIS WAS A QUICK CHAPTER SORRY🏃‍♀️
belle pushing malia to meet isaac😏

HELP I LOVE THIS GROUP SO MUCH

ALSO NEXT CHAPTER WILL HAVE A LOT MORE MELLIAM I PROMISE 😦❤️